Tom the Dancing Bug: Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Comic Strip of Theseus, and more!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/20/tom-the-dancing-bug-super-fun-pak-comix-feat-comic-strip-of-theseus-and-more.html

13 Likes

It’s kind of nice to not have one of these that makes me want to cry! Just laugh!

Despicable Me Lol GIF

24 Likes

Right?! Pedro will be so happy to just have the laughs today!

17 Likes

Hemingway!!!

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure something very similar to that that “Draw Mickey Mouse” thing did appear in some comic book when I was a kid. (I remember learning how to draw Mickey using something just like that.)

4 Likes

I have a request for the administrators. I like Tom the Dancing Bug but I usually have to view the image in a separate tab because the comic in the post is a little small on my screen.

vs

One way a lot of websites approach this is to make the image clickable and bring up a full-sized version on click or hover. Would it be possible to do this or something similar in these posts? Thanks

5 Likes

Maybe it’s just my morning denseness, but can someone explain the pipe/drill “pun”?

3 Likes

This is not a drill!

17 Likes

I Loved the Comic Strip of Theseus one. I posted it on Mastodon I"m @spocko@mastodon.online with this comment. Clever philosophy joke.

Someone replied.
@spocko Cmon this is awful!!!
He’s making it up as he goes along???
I’m not sure if that is a joke about the Ship of Theseus joke.
My background in philosophy and the Ship of Theseus is shaky. Can someone explain if I’m missing a joke or they just don’t like it.

For Real Lol GIF by WE tv

1 Like

Watching You Pedro Pascal GIF by The Academy Awards

6 Likes

This was my favourite part. I want that panel on a tshirt

3 Likes

Definitely the draw this and you can be a cartoonist was an add in comic books of old.

I feel like the showing how to draw something could have been a Highlights thing. Remember Highlights? Remember Highlights in the dentist waiting room?

1 Like

Exactly.

Is that still around?

I remember the “draw the pirate” or “draw Tippy the Turtle” which was a gimmick to get you to sign up for art lessons, but somewhere else there was a “learn to draw Mickey” thing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.