Tom the Dancing Bug: Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Lester the Jester, Everthing Bagel, and MORE!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/29/tom-the-dancing-bug-super-fun-pak-comix-feat-lester-the-jester-everthing-bagel-and-more.html

19 Likes

Clever and amusing stuff. Keep up the good work, Ruben Bolling.

10 Likes

the youngster in the comic for old people should get hep with the times. visible mending is now frosty – deliberately shredded dungarees is so 2 years ago.

10 Likes

Pedro Pascal Laughing GIF by PBS SoCal

13 Likes

If you’ve ever had to deal with dementia in a family member, that first strip hits the feels.

4 Likes

The style has been around a surprisingly long time. I’ll freely admit that I used to think it was kind of ridiculous, albeit harmless, and I just didn’t get it. Now one of my partners wears jeans like that and … yeah, okay, so I still think the fashion itself is a funny concept, but I think they look great in anything they wear, so sure, why not? (I might be a tad biased on this point, of course.)

4 Likes

yeah, i get that. i don’t follow fashion really at all, but it does seem that the cycles of what’s in and what’s out are getting more frequent… like, do torn jeans ever REALLY go out of style? i think buying deliberately torn jeans is ridiculous, personally… in my day, they were worn in by YOU, by wearing them, and that was a point of pride. to get them pre-worn in just seems so silly.

2 Likes

I found the #WOKE single panel cartoon very spot on. It reminds me of Jon Stewart’s episode on Cancel Culture. They whine about the left doing it to them by publishing dozens of books about how they were canceled. When they really aren’t.

4 Likes

I always like these comics’ bite.

What a joy that it all was great this week with genuine wholesome inventiveness.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.