TOM THE DANCING BUG: The Wizard of Oz - The Aftermath

[Permalink]

I say we skip the Narnia bit and go right to the part where the entire planet is destroyed by Vogons to make way for a hyperspace bypass.

2 Likes

Notice how in one movie Dorothy manages to “accidentally” kill two old ladies?

6 Likes

Aftermath of “The Wizzard of Oz”, why itn’t it obvious only the best Sean Connery movie ever made. Zardoz!

2 Likes

Oddly enough the sequel was somewhat similar to this:

complete with post apocalyptic OZ where all the previous characters have been turned to stone and the most of the denizens of OZ decapitated. Also a deadly chicken.

5 Likes

There’s a pretty cool song by the Scissor Sisters based on that:

According to the next book in the series The Marvelous Land of Oz what really happens is that the Scarecrow peacefully rules the Emerald City until he is overthrown by General Jinjur and her army. Eventually a series of characters return the hereditary ruler of Oz, Princess Ozma, to the throne. Dorothy doesn’t return to Oz until the third book, Ozma of Oz.

1 Like

Parallel or Syrial?

It’s really all about Israel.

I know, it’s not like we don’t know what really happened!

What a wonderful paean to Fascism and Racism! Begin Sarcasm -| That good’ol Wicked Witch - she sure made the trains run on time! And of course it’s solely due to the Great White She dropping in to Oz that anything happened. I’m sure that the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodman and the Cowardly Lion had nothing to do with it. They’re just stupid foreigners. Anyway, surely goose-stepping Fascism is the most stable form of government: lasting for Thousand Year Reichs! How could they be predisposed to chaotic disintegration at the slightest nudge? Even if they did fall apart I’m sure that it would be an effortless, instant transition to an orderly, peaceful state: like after the revolutions in France, Russian and China! |- End Sarcasm

Or U.S.?

I see where this is going. Our nation fell for “Follow the Yellowcake Road!” once already.

Also in the original book, the Winkies make the the Tin Woodsman their new ruler after the WWotW gets doused with water, so there’s no power-vacuum there either. The Munchkins, maybe they had problems…

1985? We’re talking my generation, and I’m not sure I ever even heard of Return to Oz.

My generation’s Wizard of Oz was The Dark Crystal.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.