Candace Owens says the Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz are performing a “satanic ritual” (video)

Originally published at: Candace Owens says the Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz are performing a “satanic ritual” (video) - Boing Boing

4 Likes

how can someone be so stupid?

17 Likes

I dont know if its stupidity or what it is, but its not healthy.

11 Likes

She’s desperate to show she’s “one of the good ones”.

8 Likes

She should beware of flying houses.

13 Likes

I thought the witches were supposed to be the satanic ones, but maybe that’s just the non-evil ones now? I wonder if Candace Owens has any ulterior motive in establishing it’s not ok to sing and dance when a horrible oppressive witch dies. :thinking:

17 Likes

which is “murdered”, no less. something, something martyr…

3 Likes

MAGA Republicans read the Cliff-Notes of the bible and posture like they are ordained… So this stupid shit tracks.

9 Likes

MAGAs are so used to calling everything a witch hunt, that they now sympathize with the wicked witch.

13 Likes

She says a lot of shit. :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

(oh, btw; if anyone stumbles over the 3d version of the wizard of oz, you can grab it without hesitation, its an insanly good conversion and its just glourious. as glourious as satanic 2d-to-3d-tech can get.)

11 Likes

Canadian Lol GIF

5 Likes

You’d think her empty head would implode from air pressure or something.

6 Likes

I can see how the Wicked Witch of the West, arriving late on the scene, would come to the conclusion that Dorothy had murdered her sister and stolen her shoes. But the film viewers who had witnessed the actual events minutes earlier clearly saw that Dorothy had no agency in either event. This is some weird gaslighting.

20 Likes

Depends what you mean by stupid.

I doubt she believes this claim, and I suspect she’s smart enough to know that nevertheless saying it helps to keep her bread buttered.

15 Likes

So now Qanutters are sympathizing with the wicked witch?
Not on my bingo card, but whatevers…

Usually Good People celebrate when Bad People shuffle off their mortal coil and all that… can’t wait for Hair Twittler to kick the bucket! Saving some special bubbly for the occasion. CANNOT COME TOO SOON. Karma do your thing baby!

7 Likes

You would think there was more recent media to have a moral panic about other than a - checks notes - 84 year old film which is one of the most popular and loved films of all time.

I honestly can’t think of another live action film from the 30s that has held this broad of appeal.

15 Likes

Um, why?

6 Likes

Dorothy is not guilty of murder, or manslaughter. There are two types of manslaughter voluntary and involuntary, both of which require the accused to be in control of the method of the crime. Dorothy is guilty of neither because she was never in control of the house that fell on the witch. She’s nothing more than an innocent bystander. She also did not take the shoes from the witch, as the witch had already dissolved into nothingness when the shoes were given to her.

16 Likes

In order to bolster the canard that Hollyweird is a dangerous hive of Godless liberals?

8 Likes