Christian Magician warns of Satanic influence in magic tricks and board games

[Permalink]

About sums it up these days.

18 Likes

[quote]People believe that a spirit will help them spell out words that will tell them something important.

Scientists know it is tthe person moving the planchette, and not a spirit. But it is dangerous to pretend that a spirit is in you.[/quote]

There goes my faith in the Bible and the prophets! Thanks for the disillusion, KidTricks!

4 Likes

My very christian brother in law bans his kids from reading or watching Harry Potter and the only explanation I can come up with is that he really believes all that stuff about wizards, goblins, etc.

6 Likes

Muggles are like that.

14 Likes

And here I thought I was slacking off, Satanically speaking, relying only the evils of rock and roll music to guide me through life. Now I realize I’ve been worshipping His Darkness appropriately, in many different ways! Thanks, Christian magician, for showing me the greatness of Satan’s powers!

5 Likes

I mean, what it says sort of makes sense… “Check out the facts before you believe in something.” I did- and as a consequence, I decided I still don’t believe in gods.

10 Likes

Invent your own! It’s what the experts do.

4 Likes

Because Satan hides in unexpected places.

Indeed.

Take Christian Magician, an anagram for which is I am in Satan chic rig.

6 Likes

“In many cases, kids have either killed each other or killed themselves.”

Yeah explains the high turnover of RPG club members when I was in school. Having just bought the recent 5th ed. D&D books I expect it will continue my murderous shenanigans in mid-life.

11 Likes

This is from a 1987 video. Danny Korem, the man in the video, wrote about “psychics” who deceived people to amass followers.

On discussion boards they call topics like this one “necro-posting.”

It starts with something seemingly harmless, like Candyland; then before you know it, you’ve got kids hiding in the basement screaming, “Yahtzee!”

4 Likes

Hmm, cognitive dissonance is strong in this one.

9 Likes

See this is really an interesting angle to the satanic panic I never really thought of before.

Most christians have a hard time telling fantasy and coincidence apart from intention, thanks to the fact that their religion pretty much forbids critical thinking skills. This is born out by at least one study showing that young kids who are indoctrinated into the church at a young age are much worse at telling when a story is or isn’t true than kids who never have gone to church.

I’m wondering, do parents and religious educators know they’ve made their children credulous rubes? If they know it, it’s only logical to try and shield children from using their imagination in any way but for those approved by the church. If you turn your kids into mental sponges who will lap up whatever you tell them, and in addition punish them for asking questions or thinking about anything too hard, it’s probably an important value to make sure your dumb, more-naive-than-average, unquestioning kids don’t come across anything that might make them “think wrong” or “ask hard questions”.

6 Likes

Woohoo, I’m SO going to be upper management in Hell!

3 Likes

“I am chic in Satan rig”

No, really… this Satan costume of mine is very chic.

1 Like

“…any time that you pretend…that you’re killing somebody else, you run the risk that you might be messing up your own mind or somebody else’s, and in many cases, kids have either killed themselves or somebody else by pretending to play these kinds of games.”

So what would he say today about FPS games?

If Jesus is in my heart, then god will protect me? Seems like christians would be ok playing ouija and D&D.

3 Likes

I never get why christianity thinks it’s appropriate to lavish the details of the crucifixion on children, even very young children.

At 1:45, he’s demonstrating where Jesus was traditionally penetrated by the soldier’s lance. That would seem inappropriate, relating how a guy tortured to death is further desecrated after death. “They’d push it in his side, all the way inside of him, and make sure he was dead.”

But, put a pair of breasts on TV, or try to hand out a condom, or vaccinate them to prevent a known cervical cancer, and they go crazy. “That’s not appropriate for children!”

6 Likes

Yes, and he illustrates the point with a frickin’ great spear. (Or possibly a kitchen knife lashed to a pole.)

I liked his argument that they did this in case the crucifixee wasn’t really dead, in which case the latter would kill his executioner.

“What are you going to do? Bleed on me?”

(OK, wrong Monty Python film, but still apposite.)

4 Likes