Tomorrow the US Supreme Court will decide the fate of free and fair presidential elections

Originally published at: Tomorrow the US Supreme Court will decide the fate of free and fair presidential elections | Boing Boing

7 Likes

All the best, America. I’m rooting for you.

25 Likes

Is there any mechanism for a state to be expelled from the union?
If this goes through, is it likely to see increased calls in certain states for secession? (‘We don’t want to be in a union where another state rides roughshod over democracy and negates the will of the people.’)

1 Like

Some states tried that back in 1861.

It didn’t work out.

12 Likes

Ordinary Person: Man, Citizens United has to be just about the worst decision in the history of the Supreme Court.

Dobbs v. Jackson: Hold my beer.

Moore v. Harper: You are like a little baby!

24 Likes

I wonder if Alito will try to inject some of his “jokes” into this hearing as he did yesterday.

More confirmation that there’s at least one nasty bigot on the SCOTUS bench.

11 Likes

So, are these those ‘activist judges’ they’ve been harping on and on about afterall?
/s

18 Likes

Nothing worse can happen on Dec. 7th than the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Supreme Court:

cracks knuckles

7 Likes

We’re in for the 2022 version, alas.

4 Likes

Convention of States: You sweet child of summer.

They are scarily close to making this happen.

5 Likes

The New opening to the Pledge of Allegiance:

I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the (Northeastern States) (Southern States) (Republic of Texas) (Midwestern States) (Rocky Mountain Principality) (Western States) (Free White Bund) [pick 1], of America…

God help us and God bless the current United States of America and the Republic for which it stands.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.