Top ten emerging technologies of 2020

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/10/top-ten-emerging-technologies-of-2020.html

1 Like

SUN-POWERED CHEMISTRY CAN TURN CARBON DIOXIDE INTO COMMON MATERIALS

We already have that. They’re called plants.

19 Likes

Top ten emerging technologies of the 2020s

FTFY

P.S. If even then. Most of these are decades away.

3 Likes

Electric airplanes are here.

4 Likes

Japan’s doing the Olympics hydrogen powered if we can just see our way to a couple of regular ass vaccines (this biologic one they’re actually flighting, wow. Yeah get the MDs salvaged already.)

The electric airplanes are for inter-city stuff, so…they’re there. Not in hard weather. Not looking forward to my first popped battery survival event but it beats the alternative (at most strolling altitudes.)

The concrete to fix carbon you can order without bespoke ash from freaking Italy, or with a plastic grid that’ll totes fix some carbon, go nuts. (Any ethereally charming peeps owned business you can pick should do, really.)

Ethanol from plants or plants to --well-fixed-- carbon materials, (wood was last year; this year looks like it’s that Chinese hooch charcoaled to tolerable in small batches, not drinkable ethanols) yeah that’s working up fast but I’m still parsing stuff like 119umole per gram hour of solar yield of what I swear was a nice workup and thinking…that’s like nothing, you measured it, what?

Woo many allcaps words tho. I can wait if that’s supposed to be in. Spatial computing sounded like some West Enders Future Feature; I’ve seen the nice scanning-all-ya-goods-with-the-WiFi6 papers in arxiv, but I think we can silently judge without that?!

Virtual Patients! I will remember to entertain morbid thoughts at dinner and workshop that shizz! Oh Doctor, the packaging was simply so attractive and I…I’d just set up WiFi6 to plan the most exquisite possible eating out routing, but they were right together, and…this is how I want it taken back out since I’m this far in.

4 Likes

“Microneedles Could Enable Painless Injections and Blood Draws”

Elizabeth Holmes was robbed!

I kid. Theranos had a lot of major problems.

2 Likes

Sounds dirty. Need a smoke?

I’m in the computer industry, I wonder what “spatial computing” is?

(reads)

Ah, “spatial computing” is deeply, deeply stupid.

I’ve read about the concrete before. That’s important.

1 Like

That’s a great title for a debut album; we just need a band called, “Electric Airplanes”.

2 Likes

But are their jets warm?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.