Trailer for "Have You Got It Yet? The Story of Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd"

Originally published at: Trailer for "Have You Got It Yet? The Story of Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd" | Boing Boing

1 Like

here comes the machine…

still waiting for fleetwood mac to say… see

1 Like

Well, I kinda doubt there will be anything new in here that the serious Floyd fan wasn’t already aware of.

Maybe we’ll finally learn which one’s “Pink.”

4 Likes

When it says “directed by Storm Thorgerson”, I assume it means “contains footage shot by Storm Thorgerson in the 60s and 70s that wasn’t originally intended for this documentary”, since he passed away ten years ago.

5 Likes

It still blows me away that Pink Floyd was recording Piper at the Gates of Dawn at the same time as the Beatles were recording Sgt. Pepper. In the same studio, pretty much in rooms next to each other. And EMI sound engineer Norman Smith (who worked on almost all the Beatles’ albums) worked on St. Peppers and Piper. Crazy.

13 Likes

Indeed, mind-blowing. The first time I heard Piper, my imagination was teleported to a parallel galaxy. While washing dishes at the local BBQ, my co-workers thought I was tripping on acid. On the other hand, hearing Sgt. Pepper reminded me of lazing on the porch during a neighborhood block party.

2 Likes

Awesome. The first time I heard Piper, I was tripping. It blew me away. Just destroyed me. It’s remained a nostalgic favorite ever since.

2 Likes

Would love to see this eventually, after. 6 or 7 years of crowdfunding… like… get on with it already.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.