Transparency - changes to the BBS

I used to have a Kmart, I was never there, but it was part of my life. Now, there is an LA Fitness, which is popular, but I will never go. So, now I’m feeling nostalgic for Kmart and the lounge.

14 Likes

14 Likes

Yes, if they can stick to our community guidelines, and be civil and respectful.

4 Likes

winks and places index finger over lips

3 Likes

Question:

If I download my comment history now, will it include the Lounge posts?

Also:

@codinghorror:

PLEASE FIX THE TOPIC TRACKING!

10 Likes

Jesus, give people a chance to download their posts maybe?

There was something there but now it’s dead and gone and lying in a pine grove.

17 Likes

I agree. I’m usually on my own with my kid at night, and didn’t even see all of this until ~5 minutes before the lounge vanished. Whatever the reasons are, that sort of forced urgency feels unnecessarily punitive.

24 Likes

Maybe you can’t answer … but when did the idea of removing the regular lounge come up? You know what actually. It doesn’t matter.

17 Likes

Yer still my favorite alpaca. I’ll miss you if you go (and I’ll be quite far from the only one), but don’t ban yourself.

Keep us PMable. We’re still here for you.

20 Likes

I would just do it now asap.

4 Likes

Great. And now I’m already fucking demoted. I’ve just gone from being really sad to bloody cranky.

Seriously, what’s with all the urgency here?? Why not give us more than a couple of hours before pulling the plug?

29 Likes

The anger i felt just now at seeing a large swathe of my comment history get redacted wholesale in real time makes me realise i’m kinda gonna miss the short time i spent in that place.

15 Likes

Just did; I just wanted to know if I was downloading a bunch of empty file space.

11 Likes

Yeah, sorry, but, seriously, fuck that.

I want a place on the site for people who invest serious time here, not just the latest bonanza of 4chan trollies that show up because Cory or Xeni posted about Trump. Hell, I don’t even get along with something like 1/3 of the regulars but, you know, I know they’re regulars here and get props for sticking around and engaging (and I hope it is mutual). You’ve leveled the playing field by chopping us all off at the knees (and kicking us in the balls) to be 100% public all the time.

You’re reminding me of why I had @codinghorror change my user name (because my old one was clearly linked to my legal name and identity) because I didn’t need everything I say, even on no coffee, cranky asshole days, to be publicly viewable by the entire random Internet. Welcome to Reddit, folks.

48 Likes

I’m one of those Regulars that you dont get along with, and I agree with you completely on this.

40 Likes

I honestly don’t know. :frowning:

I sent up the batsignal.

Also: Did you doublecheck that the preference didn’t just get reset in your user preferences? It’s possible that when @discourse updated to add theming support it reset some options or something.

4 Likes

Bye community. I’m sorry to see you go so young, before your time.

22 Likes

I really do not understand what problem was just solved. I mean … if you didn’t feel like hosting a private party now you’re not. So that’s good. But there was very little about the lounge causing any trouble.

21 Likes

Seconded.
This was nice.

10 Likes

I think that even Rob Ford was surprised at the suddenness of the death of the lounge.

39 Likes