Treasure hunter dug 130-feet-deep hole in his kitchen seeking pot of gold but fell to his death

Originally published at: Treasure hunter dug 130-feet-deep hole in his kitchen seeking pot of gold but fell to his death - Boing Boing

3 Likes

Acme Portable Hole Roadrunner GIF - Acme Portable Hole Roadrunner Coyote - Discover & Share GIFs

I sense a trend starting here.

7 Likes

Magical thinking strikes again!!

Too bad he didn’t have a dream spirit tell him to also build a cover for that hole.

5 Likes

I cast detect evil.

9 Likes

Seems appropriate:

3 Likes

The real treasure was the friends he made along the way, um, maybe not this time.

3 Likes

Living the dream of every five year old with a shovel and a back yard…

4 Likes

I wonder if someone else will keep the dream live and find that pot of gold.

Quite an allegorical end for da Silva.

3 Likes

People are so weird.

4 Likes

He saved his family the cost of the burial.

4 Likes

That’s nothing, last night I dreamed I could fly.

Now to put it to the test. . . .

2 Likes

So, picked out a flight school yet for the training?

Mental image of the plummeting Senor da Silva halfway through his unfortunate drop, and with a narration voiceover: “People are so weird.”

Laughed when I read headline, then felt bad because the guy obviously wasn’t all there, and that he hired multiple workers who just cared about getting paid despite the danger and futility of the project, then he died. Not so funny in the end.

5 Likes

I watched the video to get an image of the hole. It is just as terrifying as it sounds. I have the heebie jeebies thinking about descending into that.

1 Like

“I’ve heard there’s gold down there. There’s just one thing you have to get through first.”
“What’s that?”
“The skeletons of all the other people who’ve tried to get the gold.”

1 Like

… was it @beschizza

1 Like

Magical Thinking with H&S inspections next time, he chimes in to the napping prospective buyer and/or AirB&B functionary…

Every so often someone will just decide to start digging holes under their house. It seems to just be a basic law of the universe that someone, somewhere, is digging their own ‘amateur’ tunnel. For example:

And currently:

2 Likes

If you dig deep enough I guarantee you will find gold. You just need to get past the kilometers of magma that are in the way.

2 Likes