Trials confirm the use of psilocybin for depression without the "dulling" effects of traditional antidepressants

1 Like

We need more synergy

3 Likes

Some would argue there are more sinister reasons than that…

1 Like

Just to provide an anecdote, I was at a hotel suite party one night partaking of some particularly potent LSD, when The Emerald Forest came on TV. I have to say, Markham’s vision quest facilitated by the Invisible People was particularly spellbinding.
Imagine how much better it would have been on VR!

1 Like

(bonus points for jeff goldblum pic)

guys, guys…I bring it up because controlling the trip is important for producing therapeutic effect; a bad trip produces negative results, but being able to guide a patient on a journey that heals? they should be doing everything they can for that.

totes, bro

2 Likes

I don’t think I agree that VR is among the things you can do to ensure a good trip. I don’t think that plugging deeper into tech is going to be on the path to finding the inside. I think a guide is a guide, and a hitchhikers guide is a computer.

I say what unfolds unfolds. I could imagine VR being plenty fun, but the notion that it could be programmed to be broadly theraputic across any meaningful cohort of individuals, escapes me, and seems rather 180 degrees from the celebration of subjective experience and individual presence that psychedelics can be.

TL;DR: VR+ mushrooms = Fun Yes, Doubting the theraputic application as broadly applicable, though I can imagine bespoke scenarios could be productive tools in an ongoing theraputic relationship to process trauma with a skilled practitioner.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.