Tricking a monkey

I don’t know what you guys are complaining about, that worked great for me!

Man, the way that monkey caught that ball cracked me up! And what he did next…

5 Likes

Is this a “dad joke”?

1 Like

Shit like this is why I took a lengthy hiatus from this site.

3 Likes

Come on, come on, load.
BleakHarmfulCopperbutterfly-size_restricted

23 Likes

I find it interesting that you posted that comment here instead of on the Playstation child rape story.

4 Likes

If the actual joke here is that the embedded video is not a video, that’s kina like if @corydoctorow posted something hyperbolic about DRM “as a joke”.

1 Like

So that’s what the aliens see?

3 Likes

I’m going to click it again when I back to the main page!

3 Likes

I am actually super-happy that it only took me two clicks to realize the joke. That said, I am also happy to acknowledge my simian heritage.

8 Likes

I was all set to check my wifi connection until the “annoyed primates” keyword gave it away.

3 Likes

I even zoomed way down to fit the entire vertical image onto my laptop screen, so I wouldn’t miss any part of the excitement. :laughing:

It is a neat image, though, isn’t it? I like the division of the picture plane into two almost-equal halves. And the slight curve of the line of rock between the water and the land. And of course the arch references to Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling (both The Creation of Adam and The Temptation). There’s a lot going on there, no? [half joking and half serious]

4 Likes

Would be better without the DCT noise making it clear the button isn’t a separate UI element.

1 Like

Google Image Search

Sounds about right…

Now about the image.
BlameItOnTheVoices on the 27th of November, and I don’t see that they posted any attribution as to whether they made it or thought it was funny and reposted it.

It does look like the joke may come from Facebook on the 25th of November. (In Danish?)

Previous to that, it looks like it was a video from a Chinese video service that is like Youtube, but I can’t get to the original video. (Or I don’t wish to put the time into it.)

Now the article has slightly better attribution notes.

5 Likes

:drooling_face:

3 Likes

Ooh! Ooh! Ah ah ah ah ah!

2 Likes

Well done. >.<

1 Like

You suck.

Guys. . . I’m having a hard time getting the video to work, can someone post a link or something? I really want to see the trick! I’m hoping the chimp falls in the water, then gets angry and bites the human’s face clean off!

/s

1 Like

Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down…

2 Likes

I’m an ape! How dare you! You’re lucky I’m not a librarian or I’d rip your arms off for this.

1 Like