Trippy Tiny Desk Concert features a "saxocone," a saxophone with a traffic cone in it

Originally published at: Trippy Tiny Desk Concert features a "saxocone," a saxophone with a traffic cone in it | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That is excellent; though it does give me sympathetic ear ache. Seeing their cheeks bulging reminds me of inflating balloons, which I have given up doing, as it really does a number on the tubes in my ears,

3 Likes

Knew who it was right after reading the title. Have seen Moon Hooch a number of years ago and my oldest who was in high school and a sax player at the time was just blown away. The band members were really nice and chatted with us a bit afterwards.

11 Likes

This is one of the original Tiny Desk staples. :heart:

3 Likes

I saw Moon Hooch in concert a few years back (opening act for They Might Be Giants). When they walked out with just two saxophones, the audience kinda groaned. After they finished their first song, the audience erupted! Absolutely brilliant performance!

7 Likes

It is certainly different from the classic rock and roll line up of Hurdy-gurdy, Musical Saw, Cimbalom and Spoons.

4 Likes

Reminds me of something Dr Seuss would come up with.

5 Likes

Best comment under the YouTube video:

Every band should have a VLC player.

6 Likes

I love them! It’s got Bonzo Dog type vibes, but with a more modern sensibility.

2 Likes

Their energy level in concert is just astonishing. Nonstop high energy and they keep the pace up for like an hour and a half. I was exhausted just watching them!! What fun

2 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.