Trump blames LED lightbulbs for making him look orange

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/13/trump-blames-led-lightbulbs-fo.html

7 Likes

No, we don’t.

63 Likes

Then why don’t they do that to everyone else in the room?

27 Likes

“He’s right, it’s true!”

30 Likes

You just know the only reason President* Spray-Tan hates LED bulbs is that he thinks Obama forced everyone to switch to them. Next he’ll be saying that LEDs also make his perfectly tailored suits look like potato sacks on his magnificent physique.

59 Likes

Actually, I suspect he’s orange because he’s a melanotan-II user.

9 Likes

The bulb that we’re being forced to use.

Really, this is what it’s all about. Finding any silly thing that he can turn into a symbol of progressive politics (like things that are energy efficient), and rolling back regulations on them.

You can still buy incandescent lightbulbs! Nobody is forcing anyone to use LED bulbs. But it doesn’t matter, because it’s something to rage against.

Nothing will actually happen. People will still continue to buy whatever lightbulbs they already like buying. But Trump will claim it as a Win during the election cycle.

29 Likes

Anyone who thinks that removing the regulations and agreements that support LED lighting will result in a reversion to incandescent is welcome to invest every penny they have in incandescent-bulb factories.

Hint: those regs and agreements were put in place to guarantee that early movers who invested in the technology would get a chance to recover that investment without being undercut by the established 19th century factories that had long since amortized their capital costs. Now that they’re up and running, only an idiot (naming no names) would buy short-lived, hot, power-sucking incandescent bulbs. It’s like shutting down your wind and solar power stations – they’re cheaper by far than the competition now that they’re in place.

However, I do still have a few of the old flashlights in case someone has a religious objection to LEDs.

17 Likes

Somebody doesn’t understand CRI… and especially R9.

3 Likes

Melanotan II sounds like the name of a pre Columbian aztec king.

“Skin more slaves to upholster Melanotan’s throne! The Gods of dermis need their blood!”

23 Likes

Also, only an idiot would buy a less fuel-efficient and more polluting everyday car, so of course Il Douche is beefing with the auto industry over its deal with California (which also benefits the industry). After all, his base is made up of Obama-hating, coal-rolling idiots.

30 Likes

Trump is exactly like an incandescent bulb: Rather dim for all that power, and gets far too hot.

70 Likes

If his lips be movin’, he be lyin’.

13 Likes

Also power-hungry, old fashioned, stuck in the 20th century, and likely to burn out.

26 Likes

A pile of shit looks like a pile of shit no matter what the lighting source.

21 Likes

unfortunately doesn’t burn out fast enough for my liking.

8 Likes

Prone to shatter from a short fall to a hard surface.

10 Likes

Hey now, he’s over 70. Osteoporosis is a real concern.

I hope the next time he tries to do the jerky handshake he gets shoved down and breaks his hip.

13 Likes

You thought #SharpieGate was bad? Get ready for two weeks of trump trying to “prove” that we’re as orange as him.

19 Likes

I’m surprised he’s not pushing for coal-powered vehicle research. Maybe he should talk to the railways about going back to shovel stoked coal burning steam engines.

13 Likes