Trump blames LED lightbulbs for making him look orange

He’s gonna draw all over us with that thing.

25 Likes

a poor spectrum of light, even if the bulb itself appears to have a desirable color temperature

What makes a spectrum “poor?”

1 Like

Tungsten light looks more orange the more you dim it. Full on without filters it’s a warm light with a color temperature of 3200K. If he’s worried about lights making him look orange then daylight led fixtures are his best bet unless he’s color correcting with filters.

Of course he’s an orange idiot and the truth of reality has no impact on fixing his peculiar mental deficiencies.

17 Likes

For that he would have to know that they don’t still use steam locomotives.

6 Likes

Not in California. Incandescents are largely banned. Some ranges of wattages are allowed (like 1000+?), and “decorative”, and “utility” bulbs. But “normal” 40W to 150W “household” incandescents have been illegal to sell here for the last few years.

For a while that got lots of crappy CFL lights sold, but thankfully LED has long since taken over.

8 Likes

No. 1, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you. The light is the worst.

Gaslighting via LED, how very up-to-date of him!

27 Likes

Some of the main criteria is income, education, and occupation. Sometimes included is the area a spectrum lives in and it’s health.

6 Likes

It doesn’t matter - the policy did exactly what it meant to do - and LED bulbs are no longer 15 dollars a pop - I can buy a 4 pack at wallmart for around 4 bucks. And they work and are the same size as a regular bulb. I’ve replaced every bulb in my house with LED ones (except on way up in an area I can’t reach) and haven’t had a single bulb fail.

I’ve even swapped out the florescent bulbs with led ones that are made to swap straight into the old baffles - I’m down an average of 250kw a month from last year, so why the hell would I go back? I mean - yeah I only pay around 6.5 cents per kw/h that’s still $16.25 a month just from switching out lightbulbs - So I’m pretty sure I’ve broke even on my spending - and now just make that money back. That’s like 195 dollars a year - not much - but it buys a cup of coffee now and then.

11 Likes

That’s what you think. I have red-green colorblindness, and most people are some shade beigey-orange to me.

5 Likes

The mikes always make him sound stupid. And those tiny keyboards on smartphones twist his words too.

24 Likes

Blame the sun too. He still looks fake-tanned-orange to me when he is making his pronouncements of his “truths” to the “fake media” outside the WH.

5 Likes

That last part confuses me, given how perfectly suited his little hands are for them.

5 Likes

Incandescent halogen lamps are still in catalog.

If you don’t like LED lamps or CFL, there are the old school fluorescent tubes, in a lot of sizes and colours.

I agree that some LED lamps have a light spectrum that is not quite right, but a good fluorescent will give a good rendition of daylight.

I took a close look at the pic that accompanies this post and by reading the XIFID metadata I can tell that the color needs to shift and there are some other corrections that should be made to obtain a more accurate rendering.

22 Likes

6.5 cents? Do you own your own power generating station? (Not that it matters, the higher the cost per kwh the more you save)

2 Likes

22 Likes

My goodness, he is such a megalomaniac. Even the flipping light bulbs are about him. I actually can’t believe I am witnessing this madness.

15 Likes

Trump:

Number one, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you. The light is the worst.

Me: Tell me more.

17 Likes

Donald Trump is just one of those people whose bane is HD broadcasting.

6 Likes

Obviously the next step is for the official Trump store to start selling perfectly legal incandescent bulbs at a 1500% markup, alongside the official Trump Straws.

I recall seeing commercials just a few years ago – shortly before LEDs were introduced – wherein Philips insisted that their incandescents provided better white light than the inferior yellowish bulbs of the competition. Alas, the commercials seem to be lost to the ages.

13 Likes