Trump calls election a fraud, then adds that he won it

What’s more, this took place in a election with expanded turnout. New voters were excited to vote for the assclown.

17 Likes

Looks like it’s all on track for the “Irish Civil War” type Civil War… :cry:

8 Likes

Those last 20 seconds…

25 Likes

The US system may not be good democracy, but it sure is good for producing a dramatic reality show.

7 Likes

The system is totally fucked up, and lots of voters voted against their own interest. The outcome of the election has not even decided yet.

All I’m saying is let’s see the future that might emerge from this when we actively work on it. Here’s just a small number of things one might do right now to make it less overwelming:

• take some time off the news
  • support others getting through these hard times
  • help other people understand that the outcome is still open
  • figure out what can be done to ensure each and every vote will be counted
  • organize to get the system changed or sway some voters in the next election
  • decide to pack up their shit and move to a better place
7 Likes

Yes the electoral college look a lot some rules made a lot of time ago and now are looking weird. Like that you could transport a live duck or rabbit on the underground if you pay an extra ticket while a dead one is free, or that you could trespass to get back your hive.

4 Likes

Leaving the country is not easy or even possible for a lot of people. My wife and I are both like, career professionals, but I don’t think either of us are in such demand that we’d have an easy time emigrating, and neither of us are from families that are recent enough immigrants to have some sort of bloodline claim to somewhere else.

Most people are stuck here.

11 Likes
11 Likes

DC and Puerto Rico statehood needs to be the first order of business. Then maybe we can look at the electoral college.

19 Likes

It’s because he doesn’t watch football. The match isn’t ended until the referee doesn’t whistle three times.
There’s ordinary time, stoppage time, then the spook of extra time, and then there are the the lottery of penalty shootout.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been raging about privately to family and friends: We live in a country full of dimwits. The pandemic alone should have been the decider here yet the race is close. Maybe starting about 20 years ago I used to shake my head at all of the ignorance I saw around me and now it has just intensified. It’s pretty hard to live in a world where most of what you see around is so lowbrow. And regardless if Biden wins, all those ignorant people are still here. They’re not going anywhere. The news isn’t going to change that much. It’s still idiocracy.

19 Likes

“Hey! According to the charter, as chief constable, I’m supposed to get a pig every month! …and two comely lasses of virtue true.”

12 Likes

Only the BEST euros, and they are huuuuuuge.

With a country so divided it’s sadly possible.

3 Likes

That’s surprising. Maybe Ben Shapiro broke? (As in the saying “broken clock…”)

2 Likes
34 Likes

That’s not the issue here. The problem is that 65,000,000+ people cheerfully voted for an orange con-man. In terms of number of votes, Biden isn’t running away with the election.

16 Likes

It’s funny, but not entirely true. Many people have done far more than only voting. I have lots of respect for those who organised/attended Black Lives Matter protests.

11 Likes

And yet, for all their work, and all of Trump’s deadly fuckups, here we are. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

We have the same kind of hell in Poland now. Don’t give up.

edit: we also don’t know how bad things would be without protests.

11 Likes