Trump imposes metal tariffs on Brazil and Argentina

And how does this impact Leonardo DiCaprio paying people to set the rain forest on fire?

(Bolsonaro was making this accusation the other day. He seems to be playing catch up with Trump)

6 Likes

… I’m sticking to my theory that we all got sucked into this Bizzaro world back in mid-2016; it’s the only possible explanation.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Brazilian extreme metal.

6 Likes

There’s nothing Trump can’t make worse[1]. Argentina is already in a financial crisis with monetary controls, spiralling debt and a shrinking economy. The IMF hasn’t been able to staunch the problem and the government is caught between keeping any form of social support going and restructuring its debts. Now they have to try and deal with a spiteful gesture that can only cause harm.

Imagine how bad things could get if Trump gets a second term and he doesn’t have to worry about re-election.

[1] hopefully including the Conservative’s election prospects. he’s in the UK this week and there’s no way he will be able to resist crowbarring his way into the campaign. A ‘helpful’ endorsement to Johnson might just sink the Tories. With any luck Labour will be goading him endlessly during his stay.

6 Likes

If this dude gets a second term, he won’t have to worry about re-election since there won’t be any more. Yeah, I’m calling it.

Fucking fly-over country.

3 Likes

Man, Francisco d’Anconia is going to be really salty about this.

1 Like
2 Likes

At first, I read that as “mental tarriffs.”

4 Likes

That’s what needs to be imposed on the acting president.

3 Likes

Exactly - Brazil has some excellent heavy metal exports…

5 Likes

In fact, the opposite is true

This could be the new motto for this administration.

4 Likes

At the expense of the mighty dollar…

Finally

1 Like

I was afraid I was the only one!

I thought it was the Steele Dossier again.

This is the anti-government: every one of the appointed persons for any institution seems to be hand-picked by their absolute hate for the subject under their rule: so the Minister of Education lacks intelligence and hates teachers and universities, the Black Heritage guy is a racist (and it’s even worse because his father is the author of an entire bibliography about race matters) etc.

The last one is the new Funarte guy, should care about culture and art and the FIRST thing he says after being appointed is that rock music causes Satanism and abortions.

It’s so absurd and surreal that people are getting tired of being shocked. It’s also strategy because these clowns provide an endless stream of fog to cover all the many crimes and bad decisions being taken daily.

4 Likes

In related news, Brazil and Argentina have imposed countervailing mental tariffs. Chief US exporter, The Trump Organization, promises production will increase.

It’s the same with Trump. There are so many massive scandals that each new scandal buries the last one and no scandal is massive enough to bring him down.

2 Likes