Trump is the Lorax who speaks for the Nazis

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/18/trump-is-the-lorax-who-speaks.html

8 Likes

41 Likes

28 Likes

I once met a man who’d been partially lobotomized, and it was the spookiest conversation I’d ever had.

8 Likes

Sorry, President Shitheel, this isn’t Russia. Take your plans for compelled political speech and shove it up your orange ass.

30 Likes

Seems like a problem. One side argues for the extermination of human vermin; the other side wants healthcare for all. Why is censorship applied so unfairly?

EDIT: I will point out, in case it is unclear, that the very fine people at Fox have pointed out repeatedly that universal healthcare is exactly the same as the Holocaust.

66 Likes

Maybe someone who knows a bit about constitutional law can chime in on this. From my understanding yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire is not covered free speech. Wouldn’t the things Alex Jones champions and pushes like pizzagate not be covered by the first amendment?

7 Likes

Not only is defamation (i.e. these families are “crisis actors”) not protected speech, but even if it was constitutionally protected Twitter still wouldn’t have any legal obligation to allow it on their privately owned platform.

44 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Life with a lobotomized clown roommate

Off-topic for this thread.

Citation needed? Not because I’m arguing with you, but because that’s so batshit crazy I need to watch and laugh-cry.

2 Likes

Luckily for the racists, Jack is on their side.

5 Likes

Yes, even Alex Jones just gave him a shout-out for being such a great ally. Jack must be so proud.

7 Likes

Time to hail this out again…

But y’know, I’m in Canada so we actually have reasonableness requirements:

37 Likes

That is worth its own post. – Thanks

7 Likes

FWIW that was before the oh-so-draconian one-week timeout, so Jones may have soured on him in the last couple of days.

4 Likes

Ah,just looked at the date. Thanks.

4 Likes

32 Likes

I don’t think Faux News readers are allowed to use the word “genocide”, their viewership finds it too judgey.

On the other hand, Hannity and Co. did go out of their way to give the impression that the ACA was nothing more than a liberal plot to put your medical history in front of a death panel.

Here’s a sampling of the stupid from Gruppenführer Hannity:
http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2013/07/30/return-obamacare-death-panels.html

Edited for spelling.

15 Likes

That’s what I thought. Now the question is why isn’t it being called out in the media?

3 Likes

Defamation is not covered by the 1st Amendment, its a civil tort. But you can’t defame a dead person. Calling the families and surviving victims “crisis actors” however is not protected. It is libel (since its published/broadcast). There is no obligation to broadcast or print any of that.

16 Likes