Alex Jones finally banned from Twitter after posting video of abusive exchange with CNN reporter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/06/alex-jones-banned-from-twitter.html

12 Likes

38 Likes

TRUMP NEXT!

37 Likes

But will they do the same with the rest of the alt-right/gamergate/incel assholes?

43 Likes

Now you’re just being ‘unreasonable…’

34 Likes

He shoulda been banned a long time ago. We had this discussion at the dinner table about what is acceptable discourse in a free society. Well, I for one hate to think my uncle fought in WWII to have Nazis (in f’ing America!) suddenly be AOK. You don’t debate lunacy and genocide beyond shutting it down or perhaps a judicious punch to the face.

If Nazism, a racist, genocidal ideology that has made plain its desire to murder huge numbers of people is to be considered worthy of debate what is next? Cannibalism? Eat a plate of babies still OK?

How bout a big ol NOPE. Alex Jones is a scam artist lunatic just like ‘POTUS’ Trumputin

26 Likes

From the way he was already acting, after this, get the tranq darts and Baker Act ready.

6 Likes

This is pure face saving on Twitter’s part. They thought they were going to be the good neutral party that doesn’t ban users on a whim, but unfortunately they chose the professional troll and got roundly criticized for their lack of judgement.

This might have worked if they had chosen a right wing pundit that argues in good faith, but Alex Jones spouts way too much stuff that is both factually inaccurate and inflammatory. It’s impossible to argue that he produces content in good faith.

17 Likes

Guys this is the best birthday present ever.

What can I say? Thank you.

18 Likes

Thor%20Yes

29 Likes

25 Likes

Don’t eat babies, too much fat.

4 Likes

On the face of it, homeless people are routinely arrested for less volatile behavior. A clean suit does not make this acceptable public behavior.

37 Likes

I almost feel like this has to be on purpose at this point.

He didn’t learn his lesson the previous few times. He only survived on Twitter because of direct intervention from the CEO–which one presumes he was told as a part of this to clean up his act. And here we are.

So either:

a. He is trying to cultivate his martyr image for his viewers and listeners, and this is a cynical (and dumb) move or
b. He really has no self control at all, and is the lunatic he has always appeared to be

If we see a GoFundMe campaign for him, I think we can put this in column A. Else, B.

19 Likes

I suspect he’s an excellent method actor, and believes half of what he says. I could certainly be wrong.

7 Likes

Thanks in advance for this retort which will be using irl arguments.

9 Likes

Are there any? Right wing pundits all seem to be either mendacious or delusional. Sometimes both.

10 Likes

Paused the video and accidentally got this goofy image.

I gotta say, this won’t stop Jones. And worse, I think Jones will beget a whole generation of Jones wannabes who think he is some kind of prophet. For all the benefits the internet has given us, it has also given us new headaches. Now the lunatic in the town square can get subscribers and make money from absurd rants.

5 Likes

Alex Jones finally banned from Twitter after posting video of abusive exchange with CNN reporter Twitter president forced to choose between his bonus and his love of fascist white supremacism.

21 Likes

And all the worthless journalists who mindlessly repost every one of his finger-farts as “news”.

3 Likes