Alex Jones finally banned from Twitter after posting video of abusive exchange with CNN reporter

I’m trying to imagine a struggling clean-o-meter on Alex’s suit. He seems to be one of those people who sweats continuously even at rest.

3 Likes

Careful, you’re talking about me now. /s

8 Likes

Ha! People still use Twitter. That’s funny.

2 Likes

Well, getting banned from Youtube and Facebook has cut his site’s traffic in half, and perhaps this will cut it in half again. Pretty soon he’ll be as visible as Glenn Beck.

That may not count as “stopping him” but it is close enough.

13 Likes

It takes a special kind of personality to sit in front of a microphone and rant for hours, by yourself.

Radio must be a really weird place to work.

8 Likes

I like to treat my car as a public square and let people share their opinions freely. So you can’t make me register, insure or have it inspected.

And if I were to kick them out - it’s censorship.

6 Likes

Huh. I kind of like government cheese. I guess I’ll have to check out this CNN thing.

3 Likes

He already has. Jones has been a factor in the conspiracy and right wing AM radio games since the 90’s. He hosted call in shows and regional/public access TV shows for years and was already a pretty well known nut job well before Infowars. The ultra-conservative Art Bell, and even crazier Rush Limbaugh. The Infowars website itself is nearly 20 years old. Jones is not new. He’s been part of the burbling sociopathy all this time, and he’s been incredibly influential.

4 Likes

Now I’m mad at Alex Jones for actually causing me to have sympathy with Marco Rubio.

11 Likes

Oh, I know, I have a friend who fell for Infowars BS back in the early 2000’s before the rest of the world knew who Alex Jones was. I’m just saying these guys are driven, whether it’s an act to earn money, or honest mental illness, this is part of our new political spectrum.

5 Likes

I think it’s good to de-platform him into obscurity as much as possible, but yeah, he won’t go away. He’ll still make millions from his many rabid fans. And now he has more (supposedly good) reason than ever to play that cherished right-wing favorite, the victim card, which will probably bring in more fans.

11 Likes

While I agree with you in general, I’ve got to say that the best birthday present ever was the first moonwalk on my 15th birthday.

9 Likes

Gotta agree with you. I certainly would NOT want Jones anywhere near me, let alone close enough to touch me. The fact that I live in the same city as him is way too close.

1 Like

Not sure i’d go so far as to say it’s hilarious (our current reality has gone far beyond hilarious) but certainly fascinating, like a still from a gibson novel.

15 Likes

Now I’m worried. Beck made O’Reilly seem reasonable. Then Jones made Beck seem reasonable*. So who’s going to come along and make Jones look tame by comparison?

* No, not really.

4 Likes

?

Someone’s already come along.

what IS it with water and Donny Twohands anyway? here’s the gif that I tried to post.

15 Likes

I’d say yes. He’s in the White House. Or maybe Mara lago. Or in jersey? I dunno. He’s somewhere pretending to run the country.

That is what happen when you tweet non-sense. Think before you click!

I was looking for other examples of his weird water bottle related activities and stumbled on this which made me laugh:

12 Likes