Alex Jones finally banned from Twitter after posting video of abusive exchange with CNN reporter

Yeck. That guy really does have some creepy mannerisms.

This could be a whole separate bbs thread.

6 Likes

Well you know, it’s my birthday, so I was in a mood to exercise a penchant for combining exaggeration with my own perspective.

Otherwise I might have said something more like, for all birthdays everywhere and forever for everyone.

4 Likes

c.

1 Like

2 Likes

I doubt it would bring him more fans, but it may well make his existing audience double down on supporting him.

5 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

I have often wondered how one categorizes these people. In the UK we have an elected party who seems to be running a racially-based deportation policy, is blaming our ills on immigrants (always pictured as African or Middle-eastern by the Daily Mail, though they don’t actually say that), seem bent on re-igniting sectarian violence in Northern Ireland, and then blame the economic ills on Baby Boomers rather than the banks, so that’s a spot of ageisim to top it all off. And plenty of sexisim, though the leader is a woman. Are they ‘playing to the gallery’ because this is what gets them the 40% support they need? Or are they really thorough-going bigots to the core?

There is no way of telling. Perhaps they started off acting and got sucked in. Perhaps they think they are acting. This is a bogus defence. I think the only reliable guide is ‘by their fruits ye may know them’. If that’s what they do then that’s what they are. Unless you can really, really prove that it is a side-effect of the meds they are on, or something like that, and that didn’t work out too well for Roseanne Barr.

Bye-bye Mister Nasty Man. And not a moment too soon.

11 Likes

Government Cheese is the name of my new band

3 Likes

vonnegut-quote2

13 Likes

Unless enough people complain and/or initiate chargebacks that the payment processor(s) for his online store drop him.

8 Likes

Ah ha…

7 Likes

5 Likes

Alex Jones did all sorts of insane despicable shit, but acting weird in real life near @jack turned out to be the bridge too far for twitter

I know next to nothing about Dorsey. Is it possible that Dorsey had not encountered Jones’ full-bore shtick in person before, and the experience was persuasive? How surprising would it be to learn that the CEO of Twitter had broadly underestimated the importance of real-world, face-to-face interaction, yet found himself bowled over by a dose of that very thing?

How can we make sure Dorsey encounters the next alt-right shit-fest in person?

On a more cheerful note:

…a journalist wearing an 1980s Casio watch.

I was surprised to find a huge array of calculator watches are still manufactured and readily available. Cheap, even.

3 Likes

But he doesn’t know which half.

4 Likes

I thought they were still hugely popular though casio doesn’t release sales figures. I have the F-91W myself: no muss no fuss.

1 Like

He mostly seemed like a harmless (even amusing) crank up until 9/11.

2 Likes

Insert “why not both?” gif.

1 Like

So much for his fall-back plan…

7 Likes

So did David Icke at first. I don’t know the exact point he went from I am the son of God and I will only wear turquoise tracksuits to the world is run by Lizard-Jews, but the son of God thing happened after his mother and father died and he got emotional support from some hippies who he knew from his position in the Green Party.

3 Likes

I’m not an Alex jones fan. This is NOT something to be applauded, rather we all should be up in arms demanding he be allowed have his speech. We will ALL be next.
This IS fascism. Make no mistake.