Trump Media Stock plummets: a joyous financial disaster

Is the modifier “modest” restricted to gloating, or does it qualify the other two items as well? AFAF.

8 Likes

I’m not usually one for schadenfreude. Negative emotions are an unhealthy and unproductive way to live, bad karma, bad juju. Having said that…

As the Germans say “Schadenfreude ist die reinste Freude” - Schadenfreude is the purest joy. Lots of countries/languages have similar sayings - Swedish has “Den enda sanna glädjen är skadeglädjen” - the only true joy is Schadenfreude. I think I prefer the Finnish version though - “Vahingonilo on aidointa iloa, sillä siihen ei sisälly tippaakaan kateutt” - Schadenfreude is the most genuine joy, because it doesn’t contain an ounce of jealousy.

You’re in plentiful company - we can all enjoy this together.

15 Likes

He really does look so much better as a waxwork. Why does that not surprise me?

6 Likes
3 Likes

My understanding is he can’t sell his shares for 6 months. Everyone else can, but he’s stuck in a grace period watching his golden goose stock fall day by day and he can’t cash in.

Delicious.

13 Likes

Not quite everyone. Some execs are suing him so they aren’t limited by the six months.

10 Likes

All those “jokes” about why anyone would build/program a robot to feel pain/sadness… now we know. We’re living through the lead up to that decision.

3 Likes

I’m quite the opposite; I LOVE it when bad things happen to bad people.

14 Likes

Who could have seen this coming?!

…besides anyone with a functioning brainstem and basic grip on reality, I mean.

Turnip is the anti-Midas, everything he touches turns to shit. Honestly, I feel sorry for the duped small-beans cultists that sunk their savings into his latest wet cardboard Titanic, and I doubt any serious big investors were available on that ship for the going-down-with. As usual, he’s the only one with a life boat and he’ll be shouting about his victory over the giant snowflake he just ran into despite the flaming wreckage in all directions.

I think my metaphor got away from me a bit, there. Anyway, schadenfreude for the conman, pity for the marks (though less with each repeat), same story every time.

13 Likes

This is the only time I’ve seen him with his mouth closed.

7 Likes

If and when he cashes out it’ll tank the company stock and cause a sell off. The company will likely go under.

11 Likes

I don’t want to set any rules, but advance notice that I have no intention of cutting back on my laughing and drinking.

8 Likes

Up, next exclusive DJT NFT’s. Everyone knows what a fine investment they are! MAGAts, time to buy!

2 Likes

Next? He did that a while ago

9 Likes

Like a blind man in Hell groping for the trap door to the cellar—like the last one.

2 Likes

I will let this speak for me:

Laugh Lol GIF

5 Likes

Futurama Buy GIF

Wait…is this the wrong gif to use here?

5 Likes

Shh! His followers have the attention spans of gnats, they’ve forgotten, don’t remind em!

3 Likes

Maybe this one?

GIF by Morphin

Dollar General Bonespurs

2 Likes