DJT shares sink after debate disaster

Originally published at: DJT shares sink after debate disaster - Boing Boing

14 Likes

Still too high, but good trend nevertheless.

33 Likes

Hey! That’s not fair. It’s a money losing Mastodon clone.

36 Likes

It’s too high until there are delisting warnings

21 Likes

See also:

(Although the odds of a Trump win are still way too close for comfort. Gotta keep pushing that all the way to zero.)

31 Likes

Keep up the good work, Wall Street. I would love to see it become a penny stock before he can sell his shares.

25 Likes

/Sad.

16 Likes

It’s the biggest fall in a share price ever. Huge. The hugest, I tell ya. Nobody tanks share prices like me.

26 Likes

Oh, his shares sink.

For one terrible moment I thought he was brushing his teeth in close company.

24 Likes

I am hoping he drops dead sometime around the 21st October. Too late to change the Republican campaign, too early to get a win by momentum.

21 Likes

$16 and change

25 Likes

I would much prefer to see him and his cult witness a resounding defeat at the voting booth before he passes on. The last thing we need right now is for the GOP to have excuses to believe that they would have won with this guy and this “platform” (such as it is) if not for foul play or bad luck.

Of course he and his most dedicated followers will never consider any loss to be legitimate but for everyone else it’s important to see him actually lose if we don’t want him and his imitators to have so much power within the political system.

20 Likes

Yeah I had the same thought. He’ll be sharing a sink with quite a lot of close company once he gets to prison. For now I doubt he even shares a sink with his wife.

15 Likes

Given his social media, I figured it was him posting a picture of orange-tinged tears in a gold-plated basin.

6 Likes

more deserving

11 Likes

Well sure, but I’d like to see it happen on stage, in full view of the cameras. If he can simultaneously urinate and defecate all over himself and JDV, so much the better.

I want this adventure in the collapse of the USA to be buried under a landslide of disgust. Idiots may look back on the “glory” (:face_vomiting:) of the CSA, but I want the Trump Adventure Series to end in such a way that there’s no glory, no nobility, nothing for even bigots to admire.

22 Likes

So, this is good news on several fronts; even those dumb (or greedy) enough to hitch their fortunes to this albatross are losing both faith and money.
And you can bet Lord Dampnut is in a turmoil while watching billions of potential dollars vanish into the ether.

When he has the chance to cash out later this month, he will be facing a dilemma:
whether to cash out completely and get the most money, but also leave the rest of his investors in the lurch when the stock immediately crashes… or to sell just some of his shares so as to not to cause a melt-down in the price; but not make nearly as much money.

Some of those investors have a bit of dilemma on their hands, as well, since they know if Lord Dampnut cashes in, they will lose their shirts.
OTOH, if they sell out, they are risking the wrath of an angry Lord Dampnut who will blame them for tanking the stock.

It’s a double hoisting!

16 Likes

So long as the shares can be traded above $0, TFG is going to make money on this grift - he was gifted millions of shares that he will want to sell.

Anyone know when he is free to sell? I assume that will precipitate a plummet in ‘value’ as he offloads millions of shares on to a less than frenzied market.

8 Likes

Sept 19th assuming the stock price stays above $12/share by then. Otherwise Sept 25th is the end of the lock-up period.

Considering he owns over 114M shares but the average trade volume is only ~6M shares per day, it’s gonna take him a while to unload all of his shares. Of course with how markets work, the minute he announces his intention to sell the price is going to tank to penny stock territory.

My guess he’s not going to dump it all immediately but work to slowly sell off moderate chunks of shares while pledging the majority as collateral to mysterious and shady lenders that will very quietly forgive the loan. That’s the Trump way.

21 Likes

You know, I never looked into it, but I assumed a petard was some French polearm. Neat.

7 Likes