DJT shares sink after debate disaster

I’d prefer a Hector Salamanca -style stroke, leaving him wheelchair-bound and unable to speak.

7 Likes

Unless say, Prince Bonespurs decides he wants to buy shares at exactly that moment, by pure chance of course.

10 Likes

I’m guessing you mean prince Bonesaw?

7 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

It was pretty obvious that Drumpf was trying to work a scam with this DJT stock. Exactly how what sort of scam is up for debate.

I long had a suspicion that donors were buying DJT timed with his sales to avoid FEC oversight. The price of a stock associated with an election scam will naturally collapse when donors aren’t confident of his success in the election.

7 Likes

That’s no dilemma. What about Donald Trump’s past behavior leads you to believe that he gives two :poop:s about “the rest of his investors”?

8 Likes

One would like to see a gut-beating like the people of the UK recently dished out to the Conservative Party.

10 Likes

Yes. :person_facepalming:

4 Likes

so what happens when your petard goes off like a damp squid?

7 Likes

Everyone gets a little petarded from time to time…

4 Likes

Hoisted by one’s own shart-ard? :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

26 Likes

Assume he does a full day’s volume, and there’s an equal number of people with buys waiting below 15, he still makes nearly 200 million instantly. He’s going to make hundreds of millions still, which is highly depressing…unless NY takes theirs finally. 487k for just the one trial, as of my posting.

3 Likes

Oh he’s going to walk away with a lot of money either way…the whole venture was designed as a money transfer scheme from the very beginning. But the multi-billion payday being touted in the media is unlikely.

The whole scam is being propped up by the prospect of him winning in November. Lose and everything crashes really quickly.

8 Likes

What’s amazing is that there are people who think that this pile of grifts will somehow magically be worth something if Trump wins the election. I can’t imagine anyone but supporters have this stock, and I won’t shed any tears if anyone loses their shirt when the stock price inevitably craters. (I was reading some interviews with stock holders, one of whom was saying that Trump wouldn’t dump his stocks at the first opportunity because he wouldn’t do that to his supporters. What. A. Chump.)

The bright spot here is that Trump’s former business partners in this, the ones he sued to get their shares, also have enough to tank the value if they sell - and they have no reason to be nice to Trump.

@Melizmatic

Ah, but you’re thinking like an amateur con-man - this whole company and everything going on around the stocks isn’t just a scam, it’s a whole series of scams, grifts inside grifts, and Trump isn’t the only one doing them. Which rather complicates untangling them all.

10 Likes

I’m sure many of them don’t believe it will be “worth” anything, but do believe in the existence of Greater Fools.

7 Likes

“Nobody tanks share prices like me Trump.”

FTFY. Just a reminder that – in yet another of his weird, weird quirks – Cheetolini always refers to himself in the third person (either “Trump” or (shudder) “Your favorite president.”)

SMH every single time.

9 Likes

As @sqlrob pointed out above, this stock may be useful for bad (but rational) actors that want to use it as a way to legally transfer bribes to Trump in exchange for changes in US policy. Dictators and autocrats that control foreign wealth funds may not be expecting the DJT stock price to increase but they might correctly see it as a good return on investment if they can get a future President Trump to do what they want. It’s a sickeningly plausible scenario and we need to make sure that it doesn’t happen.

7 Likes

Definitely not going to try short selling PUTs on this now. If you can acquire full-on shares on a short basis, might be better - but that is also risky. Naked short CALLs maybe - but your many brokers don’t allow that. I’ll just be happy with my little bit of beer money earned on this disastrous stock.

For those that don’t know, here is the BB BBS thread of how I earned money off of the stock by betting against it.

4 Likes

Not to throw off the chance of it being purely stochastic, but surely someone involved in setting up his mics has the ability to pipe in some wet fart noises.

5 Likes

If Trump wins the stock may be worth $100 the day after the election.

2 Likes