Truth Social stock slides after Trump goes back to Twitter

Originally published at: Truth Social stock slides after Trump goes back to Twitter - Boing Boing

7 Likes

20 Likes

I don’t know if Trump has a secret hidden lisp but I do know that certain over compression might cause it and definitely a de-esser can.

3 Likes

Oh no, Truth Social is going down? Has anyone done a welfare check on Devin Nunes? Moooooooooo!

16 Likes

Simplest explanation: his dentures were falling out. It’s happened before.

13 Likes

In that clip you attached it sounds like dentures. From my years of working with audio, I would say the recent lisp stuff is bad audio engineering/over compression. (I noticed a de-esser could give someone a lisp a while back when I overapplied it. I always thought it was kind of funny you could use a filter to make someone sound like that).

7 Likes

trmpr

13 Likes

And we know that von Clownstick always learns from his mistakes. /s

As for the stonk tanking, it was only a matter of time before the narcissist’s bottomless need for attention would lead him to betray his own platform.

7 Likes

Not Stonks Profit Down GIF - Not Stonks Profit Down Sad - Ανακαλύψτε και κοινοποιήστε GIF

7 Likes

Whatever the actual cause, I hope there’s another round of media speculation about Trump’s dentures falling out because that might prompt Trump to get in a public hissy fit about Elon’s technological incompetence.

13 Likes

To me, the lisp thing is like the JD Vance in pathetic drag thing. It doesn’t really matter why he sounded like he had a lisp just that he did.
This is the man who told his nephew, a man with a child who has extensive disabilities, that people like his grand-nephew should die. The man who made fun of veterans with disabilities from their time in service.
His base is as profoundly ableist as he is. I hope this lisp, whatever the reason, haunts his ego. Bonus if it means even a few less of these people go through the effort to vote in November.

12 Likes

The fact that it hasn’t already been at zero since the outset is crazy. Their latest reported quarterly revenue was under $1M. But they has $20M in operating costs during that same period.

9 Likes

"No, Mr Nunes, the crowd isn’t shouting “Booooooooo!”, they are shouting “Moooooones!”

10 Likes

A lot of people still don’t realize how powerful it is to confront bigots and fascists under the terms of their own twisted worldview. Instead of just saying “your glorious leader has done the same things he tells you that only [outgroup members] do”, they bend themselves into pretzels trying to come up with excuses why it really isn’t the fault of the autocrat. All in the name of “well actually…”

5 Likes

But that article quoted some people saying it was his “relaxed nature” /s

3 Likes

Was it $200M in campaign cash, or $200M in legal fees?

4 Likes

So two purported billionaires, both self-styled “geniuses”, one who aspires to run the country, the other promising to land people on Mars, didn’t think to test their equipment beforehand to see how the guest of honor would sound?

And they didn’t have an experienced audio engineer on hand who could tell them “Don’t over-apply the de-esser, it’ll make him sound like he’s lisping”?

It’s utter amateur hour, clownshoes all the way down, and confirms the worst suspicions of anyone who has ever suspected that these bozos might be, you know, not terribly smart.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.