DJT shares sink after debate disaster

At this point, the stock is clearly going nowhere but down, so even resting hopes on the existence of ‘greater fools’ to raise stock prices would seem to require some degree of faith in Trump.

There’s certainly been that dynamic all along, coming into play at key points, and it will surely come into play when Trump wants to sell his shares, but I can’t imagine it’s keeping his stock prices up in the meantime. Right now there’s a lot of different people spending money on stocks, with no real benefit for Trump.

5 Likes

Und wenn der Braunbär weiß wär,
dann wäre er ein Eisbär.

8 Likes

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

10 Likes

I guess you’re imagining that he gives an executive order to set that as the price? I could see him trying, but I doubt anyone with stock would ever see a penny of that fake value even then.

10 Likes

Sure Jan GIF

jinx @IronEdithKidd!

coca cola coke GIF

9 Likes

12 Likes

I had no idea, other than that it involved explosives; I thought the ‘hoisting’ referred to being blown into the air.
Maybe it refers to the soul being hoisted out of its former container. :man_shrugging:

Agreed, he doesn’t care about those investors; but he does care about his Brand, and he knows they will tolerate a partial screwing,
We will find out Any Day Now, since he has to file his intentions prior to any transactions.

Probably something NSFW if you do a search.

6 Likes

Then you should probably buy all you can as he sells it off! Best of luck to you and welcome to Boing Boing! :rofl:

7 Likes

12 Likes

I thought either someone took the pole arm and stabbed and hoisted them, or they ran into something so hard that they sort of pole vaulted with it.

Now I know its a bell shaped explosive that can send you flying if you are in the way!

3 Likes

So at least his public strategy is to announce he’s not selling. That’s pumped the stock price up a big jump today. We’ll see what he ends up doing though - not like he has a habit of actually following through with what he says.

7 Likes

So when he dumps his stock after pumping it up, he can be charged with yet another Federal crime. :joy:

14 Likes

Yeah, all the reporting is saying that the price “exploded” or “soared” or what-have-you, but it still isn’t up to where it was before the debate. Anyone who believes him about not selling is an idiot. But they probably also already own some stock.

8 Likes

If I was a foreign wealth fund for an autocratic nation… … assuming I’m ok with my shares going to near Zero… what are the mechanics for ensuring my money ends up in Trump’s hands (and not one of the other grifters in on this)?

If I buy before his freeze period, some of the money goes into the hands of people who held stock before me and sold below the price I purchased, right?

If Trump starts selling, some of my investment is
gets into his hands… …but assuming the stock drops considerably, only a relative portion, right?

I guess the clearest way, is to “loan” him money directly base on the stock as collateral, the when the shares become worthless, forgive the loan?
Would that show up in records/tax filings, in a way to be easy for a prosecutor to see/act on?

2 Likes

Is it any surprise that Donny doesn’t know how stock markets work?

9 Likes

I’m only surprised that he didn’t threaten to relist on the Moscow Exchange.

6 Likes

He’s not gonna sell because you just know he took a line of credit off the perceived value of the shares. Now that they’re bottoming out, just like the property values he used to buy real estate using loans from oligarchs, he’ll never be able to repay it.

6 Likes

When he does sell, he’s going to explain he’s doing so because Kamala Harris or Nancy Pelosi made him, or that the Deep State SEC intentionally lowered the value to force him to do it. Or that there weren’t enough shares for True Patriots out there, so, as a service he made his shares available to help investors. Or something else, but he’ll explain he HAD to and it’s certainly not his fault.

5 Likes

DJT shares sink

Well, given its tiny hands, merkin von bankrupt sharing a sink would be no problem.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.