Trump White House asks Supreme Court to block House from seeing Mueller’s grand jury Russia secrets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/07/trump-white-house-asks-supreme.html

2 Likes

This is definitely the behavior of someone with nothing untoward to hide.
Right?

38 Likes

Nothing says “nothing to see here” like asking the Supreme Kourt to overrule the Constitution on all that checks and balances nonsense.

30 Likes

“You see, the fake evidence underlying the Russia Hoax is so flimsy and baseless that Democratic lawmakers would simply die of embarrassment when they realized how easily they had been duped. This way is really best for everyone.”

31 Likes

Hey Donald- release them - what have you got to lose? It might help.

14 Likes

I thought the whole Russia thing was a Hoax? What evidence could there possibly be to damage the government?

19 Likes

HAH! Oh my. So blatant. Any other time in history something like that being reported would have been… unthinkable. Now, it’s Thursday.

19 Likes

“My defendant would suffer irreparable harm if the evidence of his many murders was disclosed.”

14 Likes

All branches of the government are equal but some branches of the government are more equal than others. Apparently.

(ETA: This is the second time I’ve used this reference this week. Sign’o the times or I need new material?)

7 Likes

@apalatn

I can think of several ways to heal such harm to the executive branch, including, but not limited to:

• Throwing out all the greasy pig fucks on the street via the 25th Amendment
  • Voting the jackasses out of office and into jaiil
  • Overturning the DoJ policy that you can’t indict a sitting president
  • Use the Capitol police to enforce subpeonas.
  • Clearly and via legislation, circumscribe the unilateral powers of the unity executive and mandate financial transparency to prevent conflicts of interest.
19 Likes

As long as it’s relevant who cares? If it quacks like a duck it’s still duckspeak.

3 Likes

The fatal flaw in most of those ideas is that they require the people running things to not be the people we currently have running things. They’re even messing with the voting process to further embed their sucking faces in the body politic.

As it is right now, the foxes are in the henhouse, banging all the chickens. And there’s a line of foxes stretching from the henhouse door to the horizon, just waiting for their turn to get in.

7 Likes

The sad thing about a violent revolution is that we’d all end up dying in it and Mass Murderer Trump would most likely survive.

A HOO Hooo HAW ha ha HAAAAAAWW!

Streisland effect.

Whutta buncha rubes. Total maroons. Dain bramaged.

Yeah, the Executive branch meddling with the Judicial branch. Hmmm. Something suspicious about that.

When 43% of households report gun ownership, I think we should dox all these Trump pardons and prosecute vigilantes for aggravated littering.

His tax returns?

1 Like

Nothing could stop House Democrats, he added, from publicly releasing the evidence Mr. Mueller gathered by a simple-majority vote in the Judiciary Committee.

So what are they waiting for?

4 Likes

“If you’ve got nothing to hide, you’ve got nothing to fear”

3 Likes

gawd damn hate to defend these assholes BUT…

“He said the Justice Department should first get a chance to fully litigate an appeal of the ruling before the Supreme Court.”

if there is an attempt at getting a verdict in the future that says nobody can see it, then its fair to say they can ask for it to be witheld until that decision has been made.

meanwhile my first emotional (and logical too I guess) response to the whole thing was " Isn’t this identical to a murderer saying halt! don’t look at that evidence! it might send me to jail!!"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.