Trump's fired Social Security commissioner is shocked and outraged after being locked out of the system

Slow news day, eh WaPo?

Couldn’t find anyone else (that matters) to talk to?

3 Likes

I assume he attempted to log in from home, since arriving on government grounds and attempting to access a government computer system is surely a felony. Not that attempting to access one illegally from your home isn’t.

9 Likes

19 Likes

Normally I’m not in favor of the usual gross misapplications of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, but hey this exact same thing has had other people prosecuted, so why not?

10 Likes

Thanks for reminding me. I have some accounts to deactivate.

5 Likes

The Chairman of the FCC traditionally resigns upon the inauguration of a President of the other party. Pai did that and Wheeler before him. It’s a commission that has to be 2-2 GOP/Dem, with the President appointing a 3d member to the commission. I suppose it would be possible for one of the other members of the FCC could resign and the Commissioner could be demoted. The President decides on his own who among those 5 will be Chairman. This decision isn’t up to the Senate.

9 Likes

Here’s that Washington Post article.

Republican Commissioner expresses right-wing outrage over policy enacted by Republican judiciary.

13 Likes

And before that was Bartleby the Scrivener, who preferred not to.

9 Likes

If this guy is as squeaky clean as the rest of the crew he’ll probably end up being more peeved about the fact that IT likely applied whatever the relevant retention policies are to his communications than about the fact that they, as the forms aseptically describe it, “offboarded” him.

6 Likes

Thanks for the lol! So good, so good. And funny ‘cuz it’s true!

5 Likes

Oh, and this is a “Bring Your Own Lightbulb” kind of job.

6 Likes
7 Likes

What he needs is a team of five hackers on one keyboard to get him back in with a forged group 6 access.

8 Likes

So the head of the agency is unaware that when employees leave, their computer accounts are shut down? What else does he not understand about “work”?

4 Likes

The “work” part.

6 Likes

:joy: I’m working with my third administration since I started, and I most heartily agree! The higher up you go, the less work is actually done.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.