Trump's fired Social Security commissioner is shocked and outraged after being locked out of the system

Originally published at: Trump's fired Social Security commissioner is shocked and outraged after being locked out of the system | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Yeah, how about we relocate your desk down in the basement. And I’m gonna take that stapler…

61 Likes

Not sure why he’s shocked. The SCOTUS first confirmed the President’s power to do this while Trump was president.

Irony, it’s a thing.

36 Likes

Just like DeJoy at the USPS and Pai at the FCC, this jerk was hired by Trump explicitly to destroy the organization. We all know this. Nobody buys the crocodile tears about “being able to do his job”.

48 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Sarcasm in online discussions

I’m surprised that his badge still works to get into the building or parking garage.

(Maybe he tried to access his gov email from home. Which is ironic because he was hated for not supporting work from home policies.)

35 Likes

27 Likes

“What’s next? My money is a meritless lawsuit, the kind Trump likes to file whenever his ego is bruised.”

Nah, unlike Trump this guy doesn’t have an unlimited stream of laundered slush fund money to throw around on lawsuits. He’ll slither away and probably land some sort of lobbying or “consulting” gig.

11 Likes

My only question is why it took this long to fire him.

28 Likes

2-Jerry-Maguire-quotes

29 Likes

Maybe this guy has never been fired before and doesn’t comprehend what it all means?

They’ve changed the locks, there’s a new name on the office door, now GTFO.

22 Likes

I believe this is called “pulling a Costanza.”

33 Likes

And, why haven’t they fired DeJoy and Pai yet?

19 Likes

As I understand it, DeJoy can’t just be fired, unfortunately:

May he follow in Rumsfeld’s and Edwards’ footsteps, soon.

39 Likes

Yes, he thought he could just work from home. Ooookay.

Now, about that government issued laptop…

23 Likes

I am pretty sure DeJoy can’t be fired. I’m not sure if Pai can be fired as a commissioner but he is already no longer the chair . Pai is already gone but Biden still has a vacancy to fill as well as a permanent FCC chair.

20 Likes

DeJoy can only be fired by the Postal Board. Biden is in the process of adding 3 new Board members.

36 Likes

Pai is gone, he actually followed tradition and resigned when the new president was inaugurated.

25 Likes

Called it:

Saul disputed the White House’s ability to remove him. “I consider myself the term-protected Commissioner of Social Security,” he told The Post, adding he plans to sign in remotely and work on Monday.

Good luck with that after IT locks you out this weekend.

37 Likes

This is apparently exactly what he thought he could do. Too lazy to even show up to try parking in the executive sport. Just wait until he finds out that they removed him from the payrolls, and will require him to return all equipment or face charges of theft.

This is the government, the wheels may turn slow but they are big, bone-crushing wheels. Stupid White Men (to quote Michael Moore) often forget this, because they rarely land under them and often have other Stupid White Men to help them out in time.

21 Likes