Trump's 'promise' to foreign leader sparked whistleblower complaint

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/18/738899.html

7 Likes

There’s so many to choose from that it’s legitimately tough to guess. It’s basically a matter of “pull an autocrat from a hat” (worst party game ever) and chances are it makes sense.

23 Likes

He promised to let Putin know who all the US operatives are working in Russia?

19 Likes
33 Likes

I would add Mohammad bin Salman to that list.

Of course, this is Trump, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he promised to give nuclear secrets to Prince Albert of Monaco.

22 Likes

Trump should have to wear a body cam during business hours (excluding bathroom breaks) with a live feed to CSPAN.

17 Likes

Too bad Congress has lost the directions to the secret location of its balls. They should be jailing these witnesses that are scoffing at subpoenas, for instance. They could defund the White House staff budget until it’s just Cheeto Benito and his personal secretary in the building until he stops this blanket executive privilege nonsense.

It’s in the damn Constitution. Why don’t they make some bold moves, and make the people believe in them again?

29 Likes

One can only hope that the planet survives, that our government recovers, and that our grandchildren and their grandchildren read about these times with absolute incredulity. If every aspect of this blight on our country’s history doesn’t seem heinously absurd, it means we have failed.

19 Likes

Empires have failed throughout history.

11 Likes

The foreign leader that Trump made a promise to turns out to be Ch’HAR’Fwee, Supreme Mutilator of the Orion Horde, but since he only wants the brain stems of the already-born children of big city liberals, the conservative base will be OK with it.

14 Likes

Its not “the people” they feel have a need to believe in them. Its their donors. Once this begins to make sense, everything else just falls into place. Congress is working just fine, thank you very much. Theyre just not working for you.

24 Likes

Every. Fucking. Day.

20 Likes

Wouldn’t it be great if Trump were busy keeping his promises to America

No, not really.

23 Likes

They suck balls, in their present incarnation.

3 Likes
3 Likes

MBS or Netanyahu

4 Likes

Yeah, Netanyahu is a strong contender. It could also be Erdogan, but there’s a lower probability that it is him.

4 Likes

:cold_sweat:

Gee, I wonder if that whistleblower is safe and has some reliable protection [and no I am not concern-driving trollies] because dang, this sounds like hot news.

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/1174516474083516416

15 Likes

Considering some of the promises he made… No I think I like this version of him better.

5 Likes

Trump made illicit promises to a foreign leader?
To quote “Princess Bride” … Inconceivable.

5 Likes