Two cats have a conversation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/04/two-cats-have-a-conversation.html

12 Likes

I spotted a me-yawn in there!

12 Likes

Aack ack ack!
AckAck

14 Likes
10 Likes

Casually discussing the weather, their captivity, and when to murder their owner so they can eat ALL the noms.

5 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve heard that cats only meow to humans, not each other, but my cats talk to each quite a lot.

6 Likes

Cat 1: “There is something outside and I want to eat it.”
Cat 2: “Where is that something? I want to eat it too.”
Cat 1: “It’s somewhere out there. I want it.”
Cat 2: “I want it.”

I can sometimes get my cats to do chatter like this when they’re looking out the window.

8 Likes
8 Likes

“Meow?”
“Meow.”

4 Likes

Default: Your cat is plotting to kill you.

3 Likes

I wondered about that too. Maybe it’s just a courtesy for when a human thrall is around?

4 Likes

Cute and wonderfully efficient wildlife ravagers.

2 Likes

Whenever I’ve had more than one cat, the usual interaction was surprise butthole licking followed by hissing. (I’m talking strictly about the cat interactions here!)

One of the most fun days I’ve had was when my cat, and 4 other neighborhood cats were laying circled in a daisy chain around a completely barren catnip plant I had grown in my garden, and only slightly budged their heads when I came out into the backyard and exclaimed, “Hey, Buster (my cat), what the fuck?”.

They stayed that way for about an hour.

5 Likes

I remember a comedian once writing that, to cats, mice are like mobile pork roasts and birds are like flying pizzas, and if you saw a pizza flying overhead you’d chuckle too.

1 Like

Meowing for Godot.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.