Two grown men arguing about how many days are in a week

I think the Beatles pretty much settled this:

Hold me. Love me.
Hold me. Love me.
I ain’t got nothing but love, babe.
EIGHT DAYS A WEEK.

Can’t believe I had to explain that. Dubmass!

6 Likes

But the Beatles indicate temporo-spacial confusion in several of their more famous recordings:

A Hard Day’s Night
Yesterday
The Inner Light
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

Edit to add:

Also, you may have just described a new musical genre here.

I’m reading this as a fusion of the music of the Catholic liturgy and Dub-step. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Another key excerpt from the transcript at the link in which we learn that some weeks run from Thursday to Wednesday (or maybe Thursday to Thursday?)…

"Ill do it out in 4 weeks for you, maybe it will make more sense?

Week 1 – Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Week 2 – Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Week 3 – Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday
Week 4 – Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday
Week 5 – Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Wednesday
Week 6 – Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday"

Are you trying to claim you’re a mathematician? A real mathematician would understand significant figures, and therefore know that I’m right. Q.E. frackin’ D.

6 Likes

And also that 4 = 6 :confused:

There are so many lessons!

1 Like

A real mathematician would know that real mathematicians have never even heard of significant figures because significant figures are for base pursuits of the real world. Tell me engineer, do you even know what a commutative ring is?

4 Likes

This is about semantics, not math. Josh is arguing that there are 7 days in a week long period of time, I’d call it a “rolling week.” and maybe the crowd would understand before page 5. The rest of the world is arguing about a calendar week.

[quote=“teknocholer, post:16, topic:49811”]7 ÷ 2 = 4 to one significant figure[/quote]Oh yes! Can we begin anew the debate over the proper way to round fives? That can’t possibly be settled yet.

4 Likes

You’ve never heard of significant figures but you know all about what they’re for. Typical.

Yeah, my girlfriend gave me one for Valentine’s Day. Talk about your base pursuits, amirite?

4 Likes
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
        printf("7/2=%d\n",7/2);
        return 0;
}

Typhon:~ jeremy$ ./a.out
7/2=3

'nuff said.

Oh, before I go.

4 Likes

Considering that a commutative ring is closed for the operation of multiplication :wink: I would opine that the occasion of Valentine’s day would be a canonical occasion for such a gift.

3 Likes

Time is a flat circle.

1 Like

I have it here:

http://www.timecube.com/

3 Likes

No, no, no! You guys are so dumb. You guys are ALL wrong!

4 Likes

Yeah, well, what do you PNGs (pencil-necked geeks) know:

I pick things up and put them down!

3 Likes

Just don’t cross the streams.

3 Likes

The bottom part of a 5 is already rounded, but if you make the top part round-y also, it gets all comic sans-y and that’s like a bat signal for font nerds. (Don’t ask me how I know.) Talk about crossing the streams… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

post deleted

Yeah, well, what do you PNGs (pencil-necked geeks) know:

I pick things up and put them down!