Two people arrested in stolen car containing rattlesnake, gun, booze, and uranium

Time to call in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Atomics and Reptiles.

14 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of the late Hal Needham teaming up with Crispin Glover, Tim Blake Nelson and Chris Cooper.

2 Likes

The Red Shark rides again!

Hunter-S-Thompson-2

18 Likes

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo

1 Like

Living their best lives, God bless 'em.

Truly, criminals are the worst among us when it comes to getting away with crime.

2 Likes

I was thinking ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’, but I can’t ‘see’ Raoul and Dr. Gonzo hauling uranium, so I’ll go with your Coen Bros. :slight_smile:

Got there before me! Damn me.

3 Likes

I think all of the above is involved in this clip

download

9 Likes

TIL that the Oklahoma state reptile Crotaphytus collaris is open season for year-round gathering, although there is a daily limit of six in possesion…

2 Likes

A ‘jumping the shark’ moment that wasn’t seen as such in the Gojira series.

2 Likes

Concealed or open-carry?

4 Likes

Is that a lizard in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

2 Likes

This sounds like one of those training exercises where it’s like, “OK, you’re going to be in such-and-such a situation. What four things would you most need to bring with you?”

3 Likes

Scavenger hunt, but somehow ‘urine’ became ‘uranium’. Shit happens. A canister of powdered urine? Sure, or uric acid crystals, just as good. Uranium is just an odd bonus.

1 Like

The rattlesnake is because cool, the gun is to protect themselves from the rattlesnake, and the booze and uranium are for Los Alamos Snakebites.

1 Like

Uranium???

8 Likes

Came into the comments section looking for the Repo Man reference. Was not disappointed.

3 Likes

“No matter how long you live, you will never party this hard.”

4 Likes

That really, really, depends on the uranium. Even 238, which is the most stable isotope, emits a considerable amount of alpha radiation. Normally this isn’t a problem as it only takes a few centimeters of air to absorb that, but when you put it inside of your body, it is going to be in constant contact with your tissues, absorbed into cells, etc. where it will sit and bombard those cells with alpha particles and, sooner or later, cause genetic damage that will lead to necrosis and cancer.

You could hold it in your hand and probably be okay, but inside of your body? Lodged in your cells? That is almost certainly going to result in serious radiation-related health problems.

4 Likes

OFFICER: Is that Uranium?
SUSPECT: No sir, it definitely isn’t mine.

9 Likes

You’re basically right. You’re still much better off from a radiological standpoint eating it than inhaling an equivalent quantity as dust, because that’s how the bioaccumulation really gets going, but yeah, even that five billion year half-life will catch up with you if you consume enough.

I still want my old-school Fiestaware™ back, though!

1 Like