Man arrested this morning in white supremacist truck with weapons near DNC headquarters said he was "on patrol"

Originally published at: Man arrested this morning in white supremacist truck with weapons near DNC headquarters said he was "on patrol" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I’ll be interested to hear about why he didn’t have any guns. Seems to defy expectations. Also interested to know what animal used to own the…vertebrae?…that seem to be in that pouch in the header.

18 Likes

Good eye. I was wondering the same. There’s many animal bones in fact, as well as what appears to be a joint:

Lots of weird graffiti too

Was this guy 19 years old or something?

32 Likes

Depending on his criminal history, some vestigial sense might have deterred him from carrying the illegal guns he likely possesses. I hope they search his home.

28 Likes

The upside down othala in “confederate” is bizarre. Some pseudo-Nordic fash-magic nonsense I’m sure.

27 Likes

If you ever wondered what happened to that kid who did nothing but draw heavy metal logos and swastikas on the back of his math homework…

39 Likes

Where ever his home is, get a cadaver dog over there STAT, basement needs a check too.

30 Likes

… pull the wings off of flies, trip the clumsy kid …

12 Likes

I actually own the knife pictured. It was something like $6 at Harbor Freight, and it is utter trash. I thought it might get a fun reaction out of the checkout people when I was buying a bunch of plastic sheeting, oversized gloves and what have to clean up an oven after a small grease fire. They didn’t blink, and now I have an oversized Rambo knife I don’t know what to do with.

But given the very low cost of the thing, and the state of the car. Money might have been the issue.

That whole setup screams “meth” too.

It looks like a fish spine. And the case does resemble small tackle boxes.

15 Likes

His “home” is probably a road culvert under a major highway and the bones are from the roadkill he’s been surviving on. I’d check him for Mad Cow syndrome those prions are mean little bastards and this guy is ate up.

6 Likes

The weirdest part of this is obviously the Minnie Mouse seat cover: Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 10.32.10 AM

21 Likes

That’s his soft side, and it’s so cute too. /s

11 Likes

Can confirm. Was given one, and it’s practically useless (shit steel/heat treat, and questionable tang attachment in the handle). We’ve got particularly fun soil here that’s heavy on the clay, and it makes for a good “weeding knife” to make stabby cuts in the soil to be able to pull weeds out with enough of their root gone that they actually don’t come back.

Also, that truck looks like the kind of vehicle that a “very stable genius” would have…

18 Likes

Dude deserves a heavy fine, if not jail time, for catastrophic graphic design.

Worth noting too that Oceanside is the city outside the main gate of Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.

20 Likes

He’s a Satanist Confederate Nazi Viking?

If it’s good enough for CPAC…

23 Likes

He seems like a swell upstanding gentleman /s

9 Likes

Is…is that an actual wing nut in that case of weirdness there?

8 Likes

A white supremacist “on patrol” is a terrifying idea, regardless of what he was near.

Seems more like “edgy 12-year-old” to me (probably his emotional age, at least). I’m suspecting he spent a lot of time out of his skull on substances.

Oh yes it does.

It’s increasingly in use as a white supremacy symbol. He probably didn’t know which way it was supposed to go, and thought it made a better “o” that way.

16 Likes

As far as I can tell there isn’t one. it’s a set screw and a press fit holding the bottom of the blade in.

7 Likes
21 Likes