Feds seize 5 pipe bombs + 47 guns from California man accused of threatening to blow up offices of Democratic party, Twitter, Governor Gavin Newsom

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/27/feds-seize-5-pipe-bombs-47-guns-from-california-man-accused-of-threatening-to-blow-up-offices-of-democratic-party-twitter-governor-gavin-newsom.html

9 Likes

He sounds like a nice, misunderstood, responsible person.

24 Likes

I live close to his shop, couldn’t sleep Tuesday night (I think) because there were a couple of helicopters circling for what seemed like hours. Figured it was some kind of training, now I figure it was probably related to this…

21 Likes

How… Deplorable.

17 Likes

An actual white privilege card. What a true fucking piece of trash.

notice the card number. If that’s not damning evidence showing what Trump has enabled and encouraged, I don’t know what is.

Funny, this happens same day DHS warned of domestic terrorist threat. Proved right directly same day! At least someone is taking these fuckwits seriously finally

26 Likes

Another stochastic terrorist. If he didn’t have that (figurative) card he’d already be dead at the hands of the cops.

21 Likes

Well, see? There ya go. He’s definitely Antifa!

20 Likes

Middle aged white guy. No surprise there.

17 Likes

Hair checks out.

14 Likes

GOP Life

8 Likes

Of course… now that governors and members of Congress have been threatened.

9 Likes

One key difference between the “Radical Left” and the “Radical Right” in this country is that in four years of the most hated President in American history nobody on the left made a meaningful attempt on his life.

25 Likes

What an asshole and would-be terrorist.

Also:

It’s an empty building, for the most part; no one has been working on-site since last March.

16 Likes

I think he’s just a straight-up terrorist. Trump is a stochastic terrorist.

13 Likes

I’m not too worried about how many guns someone has, it’s not a good danger metric. It’s hard to aim even two at once, let alone 47.

The murderer that did the Sandy Hook massacre possessed 6 guns and a starter pistol, I think he only took three or four firearms with him and used two. There are some practical limitations to how much destruction one person can accomplish with a firearm. Those conditions are even more favorable for us human beings if simple restrictions like magazine capacity and cycle rate are strictly enforced.

Instead we get to have thoughts and prayers while some one clearly profits off this mayhem and destruction of the very fabric of society. The assumption that we can walk safely in public spaces without becoming a victim of mass murder.

2 Likes

There is kind of a point where the sheer number of guns gets pretty absurd, though. Where does one even put all those guns? It’s kind of like the right-wing psycho corollary to Imelda Marcos having a gajillion pairs of shoes or some rich asshole having two dozen Ferraris.

8 Likes

It’s hard to say if a pattern of one behavior means it leads to another, more violent, behavior. But this isn’t the place to speculate on behavior or a person’s state of mind.

1 Like

I do not mean to speculate about behavior patterns or states of mind (my use of the word “psycho” was perhaps a bit in poor taste).

But whether it’s cats, fancy cars, shoes or guns, I think that there is a point where one simply has too many of something, and the number becomes absurd…such that the number itself becomes the punchline. I realize that there are many people who have big gun collections and would never hurt a fly, and that gun ownership (even if the number of guns is absurd) is not, in and of itself, indicative of a propensity toward violence.

3 Likes

If they ever decide the danger metric is the number obsolete data cables, then I’m in trouble…

But, as to guns, is there any study showing that mass murderers have => X number of guns? I’m assuming that access to 1 or more is a given for shooters. But can we identify them by the size of their collection? Or is that another pre-crime stat that isn’t actually predictive?

4 Likes

I would wager that the size of the gun collection has more to do with disposable income than likelihood to go on a killing spree. Guns ain’t cheap. Bullets on the other hand…

5 Likes