Feds seize 5 pipe bombs + 47 guns from California man accused of threatening to blow up offices of Democratic party, Twitter, Governor Gavin Newsom

somebody should sit down with him at a diner and interview him about his economic anxieties

12 Likes

The point where it starts to interfere with your relationships and living a full life is where too much of something is unhealthy.

I have way too many synthesizers. I keep saying I will sell a bunch of them I don’t use, especially now that their price is up. But have I bought any bubble wrap or set up my EBay account? … :man_shrugging:

I think 4 cats and 2 dozen synthesizers is the right amount for me. With the added bonus that death and personal injury to innocent bystanders is extremely unlikely. I’m really only hurting myself.

7 Likes

The danger of having 47 firearms isn’t in one guy using them; it’s one guy handing out 46 to his closest friends Proud Boys…

25 Likes

Off topic, but I’m having a lot of trouble parsing this sentence. :grin:

9 Likes

The actual White Privilege card seems weirdly self-aware. I’ll just take that as further proof that any oppression or fear white supremacists supposedly feel is another shameless lie and that any talk of defending their race is not just misguided, but transparently fictional. Even they don’t believe they’re the good guys.

14 Likes

Didn’t the Las Vegas shooter use a hotel room full of guns?

11 Likes

probably a “Joel Patrick” thing. I don’t to listen to conservative talk radio, but he way he sells it is more mocking than self aware.

3 Likes

I believe that white privilege card belongs to someone else…

I don’t understand what a New God would need with it though, he’s not even human

1 Like

And the slogan “TRUMPS EVERYTHING”.

5 Likes

No. Well, yes, but: A person, even the Las Vegas shooter, can only use one weapon at a time in a given interval. IOW, he had a room full of guns, but could only use one of them.

His intent and indeed his motive, to this day, are unknown. One can reload a semi-automatic weapon in the time it would take to just grab another. Again, we just don’t know.

As to this suspect, the limitations are the same; it is the pipe bombs that bother me more. See also: Nashville bomber.

4 Likes

“We draw a bright line between lawlessness and our constitutional freedoms. We will prosecute illegal weapons stockpiles regardless of the motivation of the offender.”

Why the hell does this even need to be said?! Is there a discussion to be as to whether this is a First Amendment Activity™?! Holy shit, this is a broken world

3 Likes

I think the FBI may have overreacted a bit. Mr. Rogers (see? He even has a harmless name) was just planning an unusually vigorous gender reveal party. What color do you suppose signifies toxic masculinity?

5 Likes

To paraphrase Mark Twain, I would have read about it with great interest though.

4 Likes

I can’t even get into my office park without major management approval. Which sucks because I have personal stuff there that I want. I also want to see what critters got into my snack drawer. A few months ago I had to go in to get a physical USB key for a software app and found my box of cereal consumed by mice. Then I remembered I had a box of crackers in another cabinet, but until I can come up with a reason to go back they won’t let me in since someone in the hardware lab (on-prem necessarily) had Covid. I guess we’ll see what happens when nature takes over.

2 Likes

Having a stash of guns could also mean that they could be bartered on the black market or there are other people that need to get arms quickly. A gun stash means organized crime or organized terrorists. So it’s dangerous…

6 Likes

Well, that we know of. I assume that there are credible threats against all presidents at some point in their tenure, and I don’t think Trump would have been an exception.

He managed to slaughter 61 people and injury over 400. The Bumpstock helped him be a more efficient mass murderer.

10 Likes

He went for the tRump look with that hair.

2 Likes

I think having many guns was also meant to be backup for treating non-automatics like they were automatics, in case they seized up?

3 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before one of these angry paranoid bastards manages to fulfill their violent fantasies. They can’t all be stupid enough to draw attention to themselves with Twitter threats and youtube rants.

3 Likes

Some already did.

8 Likes