Txt.fyi

That’s so amazing I think I will take out a full page ad in Parade magazine just so it may be used for it.

12 Likes

Yeah, like a share link and it pops up with the raw link, a tweet link, a FB link, and anything else that still lets you submit directly to a url?

4 Likes

Right ye are, I explicitly don’t want there to be a thing at the top branding whatever someone’s written, or anything doing the whole GET YOUR OWN TXT NOW! distraction thing. To be honest the little logo link at the bottom might disappear too, but maybe it has a certain reassuring imprimatur quality to it? And it is essentially a reply button and logo all in one, which is sort of weird and cool.

8 Likes

Me, too - love this one.

2 Likes

(“translated” from the “Vietnamese”)

8 Likes

MD5 “Message Digest Version Five” is accessible from just about any programmable environment.

If you get a collision, you can compare the two texts, if they are identical call that deduplication and claim it as a feature, if they aren’t then add some invisible characters to the new text. This will happen approximately never, except when people are doing it on purpose, which they will do because people.

8 Likes

Or use SHA-256 if you’re gonna be fancy.

1 Like

Sure! That way, you wouldn’t have to worry about collisions for the moment, but SHA-256 is much more compute intensive and has fewer implementations available.

1 Like

And many, many more Principia Discoridiae.
(Including the fnords)

9 Likes

I second this.

3 Likes

you say this as if it’s something bad

6 Likes

I got:

How CAN? How can?
He. how paragraphs.
How proficient. How we.
How own. How (1)
However, she is! How creak.
How day. How to love?
How is considered, how Wickham.
How Sure. How girls.
HOW IT How under.!
How Elizabeth. However. Dream.
How Kitty…

5 Likes

Here’s the original.

4 Likes

Such a topsy-turvy state of society was a topsy-turvy state of shocking.

3 Likes

Much Kitty.

2 Likes

I love that google wanted to translate that for me.

5 Likes

https://txt.fyi/+/4d3a4e3d/

7 Likes

I’ve updated it to add the secret codes.

!professor
!hacker
!txt
!rot13

Putting in !encrypt struck me as a foolish “promise” best not made.

https://txt.fyi/+/21c6cb31/

It now shows a preview that includes a link to the published static URL, but I’m not sure to be honest if it’s needed. And it might be confusing (people will try to share the preview page)

8 Likes

what about !doublerot13 ? better safe than sorry

6 Likes

Now there’s !timestamp for people who want those permalinks.

I also told twitter about it, so it might fall over now.

10 Likes