U.S. got $100 million from Saudi Arabia on the same day Pompeo was in Riyadh

We have the best government that money can buy.

You do not.

Putin and the Saudis, on the other hand, …

8 Likes

Apparently, it’s OK with “God” also.

6 Likes

And only that for obsessives that keep 5 significant figures.

2 Likes

There are so many laps for canines.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. There’s an element of “respect” to it. The amount of the payment may not be meaningful but it’s important that it’s made.

You’re right though that it will have little effect on Trump’s actions. He is not an ‘honest politician’.

3 Likes

I’d expect a bit more for my money…

1 Like

1 Like

For a old white guy who has a blue pill hard-on for the Apocalypse he sure is backpedaling.

5 Likes

At this point the syphilis he contracted during the Korean War has made Swiss cheese of his brain, which was addled by superstition to begin with.

2 Likes

Yes. This is an under-explored value proposition that the U.S. press is ignoring.

It’s one thing to block a bot on Twitter. It’s another to wipe Khashoggi off the face of the earth in the most psychopathic way possible. JFC it’s like there’s just no bottom to the barrel here. None. Calling this depravity “a black hole” is an insult to all space-time regions with super strong gravitational effects everywhere.

Cult45 takes criticism badly, and I only imagine it/they, in the privacy of their own heads, would likewise prefer to silence critics, eliminate the investigative journalism, smash news platforms that don’t comply with their narratives, subvert and quash public discussion.

5 Likes

Ideas for scenes like that were when “Whose Line Is It Anyway” went downhill.

1 Like

Case in point:

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/411979-corker-administration-clamped-down-on-saudi-intel-cancelled

In case some folks don’t know Corker is the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

5 Likes

Also, how weird for an Islamophobic and Antisemitic administration to have such a crush on both Saudi Arabia and Israel, simultaneously.

1 Like

Thanks.

All I can say is I am really glad I already put my coffee mug down before I read your comment.

I wonder how many “world leaders,” and yeah I am using this vague term intentionally, are affected by syphilitic “thinking”? I ask this as a real question. I imagine it might be quite common.

I know this is off-topic here, but, as a thought experiment, I now ask myself: “did Genghis Khan have syphilis? did Attila the Hun? did the Habsburgs? Bourbons? Carolingians? Ottomans? Windsors? Romanovs?” etc.

Many famous historical figures, including Franz Schubert, Arthur Schopenhauer, Édouard Manet,[10] Charles Baudelaire,[65] and Guy de Maupassant are believed to have had the disease.[66] Friedrich Nietzsche was long believed to have gone mad as a result of tertiary syphilis, but that diagnosis has recently come into question.[67]

3 Likes

I’ll take “The Destruction of Iran” for 100 Alex.

5 Likes

Complicit.

2 Likes

And the answer is, “the prophesied location of a gathering of armies for a battle during the end times.”

1 Like

Not only is he not an “honest politician”, he’s not a politician at all, either. He’s a con man.

2 Likes

Are you kidding? This administration is the most pro-Israel since whenever. And it’s at least part of the reason Saudi Arabia is treated with such kid-gloves; SA is Israel’s friend now, the better to bash Iran with.

1 Like