As President, Trump personally took millions from foreign governments

Originally published at: As President, Trump personally took millions from foreign governments - Boing Boing

11 Likes

Donald Glover Wow GIF by MOODMAN

At one point, only St. Helena will help.

12 Likes

As Raskin notes, that’s just the amount they found before the Republicans shut the investigation down. Though it really doesn’t surprise me that one could buy Trump so cheaply; others have managed to shamelessly manipulate him with flattery alone.

“Trump did exactly what he claims Biden should be imprisoned for” is really just a redux of “Trump did exactly what he claimed Hillary should have been imprisoned for.”

29 Likes

Silly rabbit: thinking that (proof of) a president taking foreign bribes while in office would be treated as breaking some law or at the very least amount to prohibiting them from ever holding public office again.

11 Likes

At least Tromp didn’t write any butter emails!

(All caps texting seems about the most his slippery little fingers can manage.)

11 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

Mean Girls Butter GIF by Paramount Movies

9 Likes

“Should.”

17 Likes

Lead spenders with Trump were those bastions of freedom and democracy China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Malaysia.

I wonder what they got in exchange?

6 Likes

Basically the things the Republicans accuse Biden of doing, without any proof, Trump was doing out in the open and even bragging about it at his rallies (talking about how much he liked “the Saudis” because they paid him a lot of money…), and they pretend like that wasn’t a big deal.

For the longest time I boggled at MAGAt accusations of “Trump derangement syndrome” when Trump and his followers did crazy, awful things and then acted like anyone being upset about it was nuts, but I’m now at the point where I feel like their completely egregious gaslighting really is eroding our mental health. Trump and his allies are increasingly making me feel deranged.

15 Likes

Hear tell it was a gold-plated set of keys to this bathroom.

8 Likes

Is that all that term means?

I’ve heard it used to describe liberals so obsessed with how awful Tromp and MAGAts are that they can’t see anything at all wrong with Democrats. :thinking:

2 Likes

:thinking:

What is ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome’ – and do you have it?

1 Like

Is that a real thing though or just more MAGA projection?

I’m not sure I’ve even seen an actual Democrat not ready to condemn another Democrat if they do something awful.

6 Likes

Unless the accused’s name is Menendez, it seems.

2 Likes

I’ve seen lots of calls for him to quit.

Are there Democrats calling for him to stay besides himself?

I suppose there’s some that are being silent, which could reasonably be viewed as endorsing him staying. I’ve seen commentary calling them out for this too.

3 Likes

And far, far too few suggesting he should be expelled from the Senate if he doesn’t quit on his own accord.

This really ought to be an easy win for the Dems. Give Menendez the boot to show the public that the party really does have higher standards than the Republicans and then the Democratic governor appoints a replacement so they don’t even lose a Senate seat. But they haven’t because they’re fucking cowards.

11 Likes

To date Fetterman is still the only sitting Senator who has called for Menendez’s expulsion. I don’t think any other Senators have even offered support for Fetterman’s resolution that would prevent Menendez from receiving classified briefings.

6 Likes

That must be new, because the way Trump and his allies used up until now was to simply describe anyone upset with Trump (and his agendas), criticizing Trump, or just generally pointing out how awful or idiotic he is. As if he were entirely blameless and beyond reproach and one must be delusional to have any criticism at all.

I always thought of it as “table-shitter derangement syndrome.” That is, it’s as if one is sitting with a group at a restaurant, and a person runs in, jumps on the table and shits on it, but one of the dinner companions looks you with a grin while you’re saying, “what the fuck?!” and suggests you must be the crazy person to find it objectionable and be upset about it, all the while blithely spooning shit into their mouth.

4 Likes

… Charles Krauthammer invented “Bush Derangement Syndrome” and since then critics of any president get called “deranged”

4 Likes
8 Likes