U.S. Homeland Security staff were unable to access DHS computer network because the security certificates expired

This combined with some aspects of govt. it (including with their contractors) already either being a bit behind the times anyway. Security is generally a little more up to date, but then it also gets cargo cultish and while they may have done a good job four years ago, that person/company changed and procedures are repeated without any understanding of why and no documentation means it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

I considered offering that as a possibility, an intentional work slowdown by angry civil servants, but then I realized angry and slow were pretty much business as usual.

1 Like

Beat me to it.

These are the people that se themselves as what stands between us and terrirssts.

5 Likes

Well, on the bright side, they weren’t just able to click “ignore” on the cert warning. Otherwise we would have never heard about this.

2 Likes

Well it does, more often than not. But its product is noticed only when absent and when the effect of that absence is perceived, the cause is not usually obvious. I guess they think the invisible should be free.

4 Likes

Hey, um, when the DHS does something stupid, all of us who are their victims like a good belly laugh. It’s all we can do since we can’t stop their abuses.

3 Likes

Best reason I’ve heard yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.