UFO by Steve Speer is a completely mind-bending 4-minute animation from 1995

Originally published at: UFO by Steve Speer is a completely mind-bending 4-minute animation from 1995 | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Tried it with red-blue 3D glasses and it looked the same as without - still lots of red ‘shadows’ on everything. Better viewed in 2D.

Not very mind-bending, just a sort of cute intergalactic morality tale using an animation graphics style from a couple or four decades ago.

3 Likes

Catchy soundtrack though…

2 Likes

Warning – Some brief stroboscopic effects may be epileptogenic.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be ignored that it is 4:20 in length.

kids these days don’t know how good they have it with all their mind bendy apps and research chemicals. back in my day we watched this and we LIKED it.

2 Likes

Needs more cows.

2 Likes

I had better luck but had to swap red and blue to get the proper perspective. It also helped to view from much farther back than usual.

2 Likes

I just did my eyes as if it were one of those “magic eye” images and it worked fine.
the 3D was very pronounced.

1 Like

The Mars helicopter 3D seemed to work a bit better. I guess the color purity on a monitor isn’t good enough to separate the colors very well, there’s lots of bleed-though between them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.