UK tabloid Daily Mail fabricated photo of athlete breaking social distancing rules

And I have no idea how we achieved that, considering everybody is constantly out in the streets and the supermarkets are a free for all in terms o f distance keeping and lack of masks.

1 Like

Yeah, the supermarkets seem to just be getting worse. I thought that when kids were back in school it would improve, but I went shopping yesterday and it was a nightmare.

Overall, though, people do seem to be keeping some distance, and of course with things like bars and nightclubs and theaters and most workplaces closed the number of times you end up rubbing shoulders with someone is vastly less than it was before the shutdown. The goal in any infectious epidemic is to reduce the size of social circles and to reduce the interaction of social circles with one another, and I think Norway has done a pretty good job of that, even here in Oslo, and that shows it can be done even without absolutist policies.

Whether that will survive things opening up again (more openings this week! argh!) is another story.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.