Ultimate t-shirt for trolling science fiction fans

Science fiction has to be of what’s possible, clockwork people and the force will never be.

So you’re saying people are working to hard? That getting a scifi fan super riled is as easy as wearing a tee with the millenium falcon on it that says “I love science fiction?”

2 Likes

Clock work people? You mean droids? Or people with artificial limbs? Because all of that is near future.

The Force is fiction. Possibly FTL travel as well.

Indeed.

Or thinking that SciFi and Science Fiction are the same thing.

I’m sure that a scifi fan wouldn’t mind that much. Watch out for the people who would never misspell SF as “SciFi”.

There have been lots of entertaining space-themed fantasy movies.
There have even been many entertaining SciFi or SciFi/Horror movies.
There have been far fewer SF movies, and only a few good SF movies.

1 Like

Is it just me that thinks it looks like Cyberman/C3PO is masturbating Dalek/R2D2’s erect eye stalk?

Dammit, that was supposed to be subtext…

SF? Oh, you mean “Speculative Fiction”.

2 Likes

Will The Martian count as one of them?

Sounds like it might attempt to be an SF movie. Obviously, I can’t comment on whether it succeeds, or whether it will join the elite ranks of “good” SF movies. And I’ve still got until October to read the novel.

Not that I claim that there will be universal agreement on which movies are good SF movies. But I think “true SF fans” can agree that there aren’t many of them.

See, this is just a mistake. Midi-chlorians are actually nanites that exist in 11-dimensional space seeded by an ancient technologically advanced race. Unfortunately, no one in the Star Wars universe knows this so they believe it is some natural “force.”

Seriously, you can turn pretty much any fantasy element into science fiction. The line between this is rather arbitrary.

1 Like

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. --Taylor Swift

3 Likes

Your my friend.

(Let that eat at your brain like the ear bug from the sequel to The Last Starfighter)

Is that the one where Morpheus sacrifices himself to save the Millennium Falcon?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.