Ultra-rare Nintendo game found at thrift store is worth $1,000+

Originally published at: Ultra-rare Nintendo game found at thrift store is worth $1,000+ | Boing Boing

1 Like

Remember this game from long ago. Silly fun. Always enjoy seeing these posts about how much they are worth. I have a copy of Uniracers that we played a ton that is apparently worth ~$1k. No clue how to sell it though.

2 Likes

Was it any better than this game?

2 Likes

Actually the console with the smallest library was the Virtual Boy. Its easy to forget because it was completely horrible. Possibly the worst thing Nintendo ever made.

1 Like

Matt McMuscles covered this one not so long ago. Apparently the gameplay is actually a substantial downgrade from the original version, despite the other enhancements.

[Note that the video series is called The Worst Fighting Game. Clay Fighter 63 1⁄3 is in fact rather far from the bottom/top of the rankings.]

Tons of people still speak fondly of The Neverhood. Conveniently playable on modern platforms via ScummVM. Alas, considering Armikrog failed to set the world on fire, I reckon there’s little hope of the proper remaster it deserves.

Maybe not completely? I hear Virtual Boy Wario Land is pretty decent. (There’s something else that totally deserves a remaster for modern platforms.)

2 Likes

I really liked that game, and this is literally the first time I’ve seen it mentioned anywhere.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.