Ultra-rich are sorry that Obamacare is still law of the land

13 Likes

I have a feeling his full net worth is actually negative. He’s basically in the hole to the Russian mafia.

8 Likes

Well, it’s basically just Kevin Drum’s work for his blog, not from the magazine. He knocks these things together for his own understanding, and because he’s a self admitted chart junky.

That said, I have been reading Kevin Drum since his original Calpundit and when he was writing for the Washington Monthly. I like his take on things. And Friday catblogging.

1 Like

Following the example of Citizens United, they should just declare that money is a person.

3 Likes

I am as left wing as they come and I agree with the point of the article but damn is that a terrible graph. What the hell is the last green bar? Above one million? Why are the savings in absolute values rather than in percentages? Because right now even if the snafu with the label is actually what they had in mind all along all this tells us is that the rich… are rich.

1 Like

Won’t somebody please think of the ultra-rich?!

1 Like

Hey, I have two kids in college, that money could pay for their books. Wink

Of course. That would be Congress, ably assisted by the Senate.

1 Like

To those folks? Yes, undoubtedly. They didn’t get that wealthy by being decent human beings.

3 Likes

And they have been told since they are very young that they are hard working and they deserve what they have…

5 Likes

Yet.

Watch the silverware vanish.

6 Likes

I’ve seen that saying before. I wonder if whoever coined it had read H.G. Wells’s The Time Machine?

Curious, where do they get their numbers? Can this graph be backed up by a secondary reliable source?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.