Um, I don't think Marlon Wayans understands zoomers at all

3 Likes

he will not change his comedy style to survive in this day and age and appease the current generation.

Every time a comedian says something like this I think of Krusty the Clown horrifying an audience with his “Me so Solly!” bit.

8 Likes

So he is joining the chorus of cancelled comedians bravely announcing their refusal to adapt to changing market conditions. I’m so tired of these assholes.

Schitts Creek Ugh GIF by CBC

9 Likes

Guy who does topical comedy decides to do historical comedy.

7 Likes

Comedy in general ages notoriously poorly compared to most other forms of performance art. The entire modern stand-up comedy genre is descended from Minstrel shows. Even routines that propelled comedians to international stardom are often a total cringefest a couple decades later. (Ever try re-watching Eddie Murphy’s “Raw” special from the 80s? Yikes.)

Comedy is an “adapt or die” game.

4 Likes

Even somebody like Weird Al had to abandon the comedy record format because of how quickly folks on youtube can push out a parody song within hours of the original songs’ release.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Ugh, him too?

Adapt or die out already, muthafuckas; the world will NOT stand still for you.

4 Likes

Is this my misunderstanding; or is complaining about ‘cancel culture’ basically the new ‘no, it’s the children who are wrong’; but with an extra helping of reactionary victimhood?

7 Likes

And that weak sauce is almost always coming from someone who is both rich and privileged a/f, and who still has some sort of public platform.

Meanwhile, Colin Kapernick is still out of a job as a professional football player…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.