9 Likes
18 Likes

Double rainbow!

12 Likes

spit take GIF

10 Likes

16 Likes
15 Likes

Right down the road from my childhood home!

8 Likes

This happened about 10 years ago. Driving home after work I caught sight of a triple rainbow. It was while I was heading east on the CA-118 in the San Fernando Valley, and the sun was on the right and low in the sky. On my left for the most part was the rainbow. The effect was so intense, that the sky between two of the inner bows was much darker than the sky, nearing purple… and the third bow was as strong as I’ve seen in ‘normal’ rainbows. The misting that allowed all this also enveloped the CA-118, so from my perspective, the right end of the rainbow ended abruptly on the freeway and about 6 car lengths in front of me. I had a lot of time to enjoy all that since the event slowed down the traffic. Another triple rainbow eight years ago appeared in the morning, south of the high desert while I was vanpooling to my new employer, but that one was nowhere near as spectacular as the first one.

15 Likes

Man, those are so cool tophat-cool Ever seen a triple? The 3rd one is usually pretty faint, like the 2nd in that photo.

ETA:

Owe you a

Cuba libre

11 Likes

Who knew that baby Echidnas are called “puggles”. In close-up they are 100X cuter!

13 Likes

gay-debord:

itsoofluffy

Red Panda can be awww too.

everythingfox

(via)

sillykeiki
Bulbophyllum barbigerum

That’s an esp weird orchid!

sempergrower

Paphilopedilum henryanum in situ Vietnam
Photo by Bàn Văn Thép

Lady’s Slippers are all weird, too.

Love how stoked he is tophat-biggrin
If you can’t hear the thunder, here’s a volume-boosting browser extension who works V well on youtube and elsewhere, tho this bbs doesn’t seem to like it:

13 Likes

Drove through that same thundersnow storm in northern Indiana on Wednesday afternoon. The lightning flashed slightly greenish. And yes, it’s as hellish to drive in as you’d think.

13 Likes

Eesh! That does not sound like fun :frowning: Glad you made it!!!

I remember thundersnow here in Detroit, maybe 2-3 times. Each time we were snug at home.

7 Likes
15 Likes

High viscosity though.

5 Likes

14 Likes

Keep your “ladylike” judgement to yrself!

The wind chill here was 9℉ Saturday night! You can guess what that F stands for, as a friend in Ohio said [ETA] during a tough 90s winter.

wild-e-eep
Some brilliant matchstick lichen shining through the November gloaming

16 Likes

This one is quite long, but Clawed’s grape face is guaranteed to improve anyone’s Monday at least a little:

11 Likes