A Real Unicorn! from the Lyons Festival of Lights, December 2017

14 Likes

8 Likes

No way…

Kristen Wiig Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

4 Likes

important-animal-images
Remember to spend time with your loved ones(meaning your pets) this Christmas!

neophyte-redglare
one good thing about december on this hellsite is that this gif will be making its rounds again
Christmas kitten
rainisromantic
It’s baaackkkkkk :’D

A Grumpy xmas

Christmas clothes make you look frumpy
Fa la la la la la la la No.
‘Tis the season to be grumpy
Don me now with gay apparel
and I’ll drown you in a barrel

I’m ignoring all before us
Strike the mouse and join the chaos
Don’t follow me ‘cause it’s stalking
Shut up, jerk, and no more talking

Fast away this old year passes
Shame it won’t take all the asses
Bitterly we drink together
B*tch about the wind and weather

– MerelyGifted
Grumpy_Snow

9 Likes
11 Likes

“Oh, my Goodness!”

No. Oh, my Gibbon!

3 Likes

13 Likes

Merry Christmas GIF by Instacart

11 Likes

10 Likes

gothiccharmschool

merelygifted
‘tis the season and all

7 Likes

felixcloud6288

wymanthewalrus

@vancekilo how does it feel being the most correct person to ever comment on a post

librarykris
scritch scritch scritch scritch

ETA
wilwheaton

6 Likes

The grizzly is from the cover of Bill Bryson’s A Walk in the Woods

IMG_5074

7 Likes

Thought that one looked flamiliar :smiley:

9 Likes

Earlier this year, a Goats and Soda reader wrote in with a quote from Garth Stein’s The Art of Racing in the Rain: “The car goes where your eyes go.”
“It’s so important, especially as the news cycle is full of cruelty and suffering, for us to carefully choose what we read, listen to, pay attention to,” wrote Naomi Krokowski of Berthoud, Colo. “The car, my brain, goes where my eyes go — so I need to keep looking at hopeful art and look for joy in the children I love and remind myself to keep watching for good things.”

With this in mind, I offer thanks to all who post lovely, funny and impossibly cute things here. Often this is where I go to wash to taste of the news out of my mind. Thank you all and Happy New Year!!

13 Likes

Have some pretty horsies - Akhal-Tekes!

They are as crazy as they are unusual

and beautiful.

Their coats are frequently metallic!

and colors that exist in no other breed!

Some of their physical attributes are also unique to the breed. Their necks are often quite long. Many have a ewe neck, as does the beastie above. Sometimes ewe necks happen when horses with normal necks are improperly ridden, developing the wrong neck muscles. A ewe neck is sometimes called an “upside down” neck, which is quite descriptive.
Here is the great Throughbred Secretariat, showing off his almost perfect conformation, including a sexy neck.

The top of the neck normally should be curved, and the bottom, the throat, mirrors the curve even in thick-necked stallions. Ewe necks’ undersides are convex.

Akhal-Teke’s ewe necks cause no physical problems. It’s just something else unique about a unique breed.

“Spirited” is an understatement. They do shit like th’ above whenever the fancy takes 'em, no matter what they’re doing at the time, mounted or not.

Sometimes their body shape is less rounded than other breeds.

The Tersk or Tersky horse, a cousin of the A-T, often have metallic coats, too. I love the silver grays, and when they’re dappled, WOW.

9 Likes

everythingfox

Golden oreo

11 Likes

14 Likes

I see a story there: Two paired birds; one solitary figure; bleak setting; day coming to an end.

7 Likes