šŸŒˆ Unicorn Chasers šŸŒˆ (Part 1)

Also something possibly worseā€¦

8 Likes

PleasantMeagerArgali-max-1mb

15 Likes

TROGON

Hispaniolan trogon (Priotelus roseigaster)

Photo by Dax M. RomƔn E.
[ https://www.flickr.com/photos/dax_roman/ ]

21 Likes

There are a few things cuter than a baby elephant who still hasnā€™t figured out their trunk.

8 Likes

TROGON! Burninating the countryside! :smiley:

5 Likes

I donā€™t know how many times Iā€™ve had to say this: Never share your gun safe combo with your owl.

15 Likes

This makes me laugh every time it comes up.

17 Likes

The deerā€™s all, ā€œI am so damn cool and have all the moves ā€” WTF!!! ā€” still cool, movinā€™ like a genius, no one saw meeeeā€¦ā€

13 Likes

Someone can lose an eye until itā€™s all fun and games.

15 Likes

18 Likes

ā™¬ Iā€™m al-right
Nobody worry 'bout me ā™«

13 Likes

Just because this scene always makes me smile:

8 Likes

I wish I had more time for TV.
ETA: a sincere wish, not a jibe against people who do watch more TV than I do.

7 Likes

Well, sometime around this past March or so, I suddenly found myself staying at home all the time and only going out when I absolutely needed toā€¦

(Dark humor; it keeps me goingā€¦)

15 Likes

I should probably have said I wish I had more time without my 3 year old either with me or popping up from bed like an adorable but exasperating gopher. I canā€™t watch the fun adult stuff with her awake and I canā€™t watch when sheā€™s in bed or she will hear the TV and wonā€™t go to sleep! Sheā€™s at a stage where she gets seriously offended if she thinks Iā€™m staying up when she isnā€™t. Though her dad is allowed to :neutral_face:
I wonder if I can get headphones for the tvā€¦

15 Likes

I feel ya; thereā€™s not many silver linings in this pandemic, but I am thankful it happened when my kid is a teen and not a toddler.

I know thatā€™s roughā€¦

11 Likes

thatā€™s funny because Iā€™ve been thankful mine is a toddler and not a teen. Harder on us parents, but easier on her. She knows about corona and why we canā€™t do much but she doesnā€™t have the understanding to feel as much fear/anxiety and experience the isolation I hear a lot of teens are suffering. She wonā€™t really remember the whole world going topsy-turvy.
That said, she has ended up in my bed nearly every night.
Dark humor, silver linings, and the judicious application of alcohol!

12 Likes

Excellent point.

7 Likes

At some point in the middle of this misery, my 3 1/2-year-old began to need less sleep than myself or my wife. The Ratel kit generally doesnā€™t go to sleep until after 10, wakes up in the middle of most nights, and maybe sleeps in 30-40 minutes more than us in the mornings: which sounds like heā€™s sleeping a bit more, but in fact weā€™re simply constantly sleep deprived.

I guess I feel like this is a very teachable moment for a teen: good and evil playing out in very stark terms before your eyes, but also the real meaning of things like community, sacrifice and honor. All the Ratel kit will get out of it is that he got to watch a shit-ton of Shaun the Sheep.

9 Likes

We asked her pediatrician about the night wakings and she said to try melatonin for kids. It hasnā€™t helped the night waking but getting her to sleep in her own bed at the beginning is ridiculously easy. Which we were having trouble with. Anytime we give her a ā€œsleep gummyā€ my husband says weā€™re playing on cheat mode. She wants to get in bed and go to sleep! She falls asleep halfway through her story! If we donā€™t get her in the bed by 30 kin after the gummy, she gets cranky.

7 Likes