United f*cks up again, this time accidentally sending 2 dogs to the wrong countries

Perhaps some sort of Barking Animal Routing code could be affixed to luggage containing dogs?

5 Likes

This is a company run by adult humans i presume? Because it appears to be run by wind up monkeys.

4 Likes

If only we had access to some kind of advanced technology that would enable us to distinguish identical looking kennels and know which one is supposed to be routed where! Like, I dunnow, some kind of symbolic system that we could affix to each one, to indicate which one is supposed to go where? And then we could train baggage handlers to look at the symbols and route each thing based on where the symbols say it is supposed to go? Just spitballing here.

7 Likes

OK full disclosure: mine has several bunches of multicoloured ribbons laced through all the zipper riders. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s some pretty space-age stuff you’re describing.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. Considering that United Airlines hires medieval monks to draw up their accounts on parchment with quill pens, with the maths done using roman numerals, I really can’t fault them for not being able to tell which identical looking kennel should be sent to which airport.

But someday, in the distant future, if that high tech research program ever bears fruit, maybe they will be able to stop screwing things like this up so routinely.

2 Likes

You joke, but we have a local (fairly posh) mall that lets people bring with dogs on leash, or little purse dogs. Of course it’s 99% little purse dogs or dogs in those abominable “baby gulag” style strollers.

I keep joking that I’m going to make a special backpack so I can bring my German Shepherd there, and then just go shopping in all the most high end stores (Coach, Armani, etc…). HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY LITTLE SNOOKIE POOCHUMS! SHE’S SENSITIVE!

(and I’d do it too, except my GSD is actually a big sensitive whiner, and would not enjoy the experience) My lab though… Hmm…

3 Likes

Or maybe Stephen King

3 Likes

The Langoliers meets Pet Cemetery!

2 Likes

If I ever need to travel with my dog I’ll just put an address tag on his collar along with stamps and toss him in a mailbox. Better odds than United I’m guessing

1 Like

Additional photos:

8 Likes

my dog would be so sad, thinking that she was being punished somehow…

3 Likes

It’s too bad that there’s no recording of the interaction with the United reps. I bet one of them said something like “I’m sorry, but the computer says that’s your dog.”

Them’s fighting words.

2 Likes

I think that the new strategy to absolving self-created tragedy is to create so much more tragedy that no one can remember what was real and what was a joke or what.

I think that I am living some low grade punch drunk existence that maybe only psychopathology can withstand.

4 Likes

Some of the dogs look very unenthused indeed

2 Likes

It would be funnier/sadder if the Great Dane was sent to Denmark and the German Shepard to Germany or vice versa.

If it was good enough for kids…

I actually own one of those! Never taken it anywhere indoors (and don’t intend to), but I’ve used it to give a dog who was too old to walk far some time outside not just in the yard. I’ve also taken that same dog hiking in a puppy bjorn.

2 Likes

I wonder what’s taking their shills so long. Usually we have posts in the vein of “you should travel by car” or “if this was real we’d have a lot of pics from iPhones” and the like.

Oh well. In any case, when you have a world philosophy centered around who makes the most money and NOTHING ELSE, of course dogs will die. It’s a miracle there aren’t more stories like these – and the aggresive nature of some trolls makes me think there must be more stories like this, they just don’t make it to the press.

1 Like

Guts will help him!

kill-la-kill-guts-enters

Almost as cute as kittens.

black-butler-kittehs